Saturday, May 22, 2010

KLSNS - All Torn Up!

Hi there! Happy Saturday to you! Ceal Pritchett has a fun challenge for us this week at KL Stampin' N Scrappin'. The challenge this week is "All Torn Up" - distress or tear the paper on your card.

When I first started making cards, I used to tear and ink everything. It wasn't finished until it was distressed. I moved past that and now I seem to like cleaner lines, and I also love to stitch on my cards. It's interesting to see the trends you go through in paper-crafting. Anyway, it was nice to revisit an old habit!

I never have enough boyish cards on hand, so I decided to make a card for a birthday boy. I used this adorable image from Sugarplum Party by C.C. Designs. I colored him in with Copic markers and cut him out with rectangle Nestabilities. All of the papers are from the Lil Man collection by Cosmo Cricket and my card base is Kraft. I tore all of the edges with my Heidi Swapp paper distressing tool. I added some snaps by Making Memories to finish this card off.

Be sure to hop over to the KLSNS blog to check out the challenge details as well as the inspiration from the design team: Ceal, Debbie, Jacilynn, JodiKellyand Risa. We would love to have you play along with us!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill Kraft cardstock, Lil Man by Cosmo Cricket
Stamps: Sugarplum Party by C.C. Designs
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic markers, snaps (Making Memories)
Tools: Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities, Heidi Swapp edge distresser

Photobucket

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)