Saturday, May 1, 2010

My KLSNS Debut - An Inside Out Challenge

*If you are looking for my Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge Card, please scroll down one post. Thanks! :)

Hi again! Yes, two posts in one day. I will be posting for both Sweet Stop Sketch Challenges and KL Stampin' N Scrappin' on Saturday. To be fair to both blogs, I'm going to alternate having the posts on top of my blog. Since KLSNS is on top today, I will have Sweet Stop on top next week. I'm sorry for being complicated, and I hope you understand!

This is my KLSNS debut! I'm so excited to be a part of Kelly's team! If you haven't checked out her store, you really should. She carries one of my most favorite paper lines - BasicGrey - and an assortment of adorable stamps.

Kelly Little is our talented hostess this week. The challenge, which was originally inspired by Pam, is: Inside Out Challenge - decorate the inside as well as the outside of the card.

Now, this was a challenge for me! I usually just put a piece of white cardstock on the inside. Sometimes I add a sentiment, but most of the time, I just leave my cards blank. I created this card using Basic Grey Green at Heart paper, the coordinating buttons, and "Being Together" by Stampavie.  All of those products can be found in the KLSNS store.

Isn't this image sweet? I stamped it in Memento Tuxedo Black and cut it out with Classic Rectangle Nestabilities. Icolored it in with my Copic markers. I also stamped "Miss You" on my image panel. My card base is American Crafts. I finished the front of my card off with a button, tied with some DMC thread, and a couple brads.

I plan on sending this card to Operation Write Home, so I wanted to leave the inside blank so a soldier can write a message home. I layered some Choice White cardstock on a coordinating paper from the Green at Heart line, and added some trim punched out with my Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch.


I am also entering this card in these challenges:
Practical Scrappers - buttons
Digi Doodle Shop - anything goes
Stampin' Royalty - use punches (I used my Nesties).
AI Factory - buttons

Be sure you hop over to the KLSNS blog to see some more inspiration! Also, be sure and check out the design team's creations: Ceal, Debbie, Jacilynn, Jodi, Kelly, and Risa.

**Edited to add: KLSNS is having a May Super Sale this week ONLY for National Scrapbooking Day -- Get 40% off the highest (that's right, not the lowest but the HIGHEST) priced item in your cart at check out !! Just use the code MSS40 for May Super Sale 40% off!! While you are there, check out the new stuff that is coming! Kelly is excited to get some more vintage items in the store for you soon!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Card Supplies:
Cardstock: American Crafts, Choice Snow White
Paper: BasicGrey Green at Heart
Stamps: "Being Together" by Stampavie, Miss You by Stamping Bella
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: button (BasicGrey Green at Heart collection), thread (DMC), brads (The Paper Studio), Copic markers
Tools: Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations Candace on your new DT position at KLSNS. Your card is terrific. I love that image. I think I might enter this challenge:) Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Candace,
    Your card is super adorable! I just love your beautiful image and the way you decorated your card! Your coloring and eye for details are fabulous
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this image it is so sweet and you colored it wonderfully, sweet card Candace! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable! I love these papers. Super cute card Candace.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific use of the papers and buttons together!! I just adore this image, and I think it will be perfect for one of our soldiers to write home in. LOVELY job, Candace! I can't wait to see what else you come up with throughout your term on the DT. Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet image! Love how you decorated the inside also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet. Thank you for playing with Practical Scrappers this week.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the inside of your card! Thanks for playing again at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute image Candace once again thanks so much for sharing with us at Digi Doodle shops bes challenge hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH how cute...I love it ... Thanks for joining us a Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week.

    Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a cute images...lovely color combo too...thanks for joining with us at DDSB challenge, hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is so precious! What an adorable image, and you did so well with it. Thank you so much for entering this in our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous card! I love this image! Basic Grey is one of my favorites!
    --Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is awesome! Thanks for joining our DDSB challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too cute! I love the inside AND the outside!

    Thanks for playing with us at DDSB!

    -Jo:)
    http://joboogie.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)