Sunday, May 9, 2010

SSCC - Color Challenge

Good morning! First, I want to wish all of you a Happy Mother's Day! I have been blessed with a wonderful mother, and many people that have been "like a mother" to me in my life. Also, there are many women who are such a blessing and inspiration to me. I am so thankful for all of these ladies, especially my own mama. I wish all of you a wonderful day! If you're not a mother (like me!), I hope you enjoy your day celebrating your own mother.

Now, it's time for another Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge! Linda Lucas is our talented hostess this week.

Scripture
"But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him." John 4:23

Challenge
This week's challenge is a color challenge. Make a card or project using any shades of the colors blue, brown, and white.

I don't have a Mother's Day card today because I've been making those for the past few weeks, and I've already delivered them, so I'm moving on.

This beautiful scripture is from Scripture Collection 2 by Our Daily Bread Designs, and I chose this one today because the scripture was picked out for the set by my design team sister, Chris Olsen. I stamped it in Memento Rich Coca onto Choice Buttercream cardstock and cut it out with my rectangle Nestabilities. The paper is all from the SEI Bissette line - another 12x12 paper pack I picked up at Michael's for $4. I followed an older Sweet Sunday sketch by Karen Giron, and finished my card off with a couple of brads and a bow.

Be sure you hop over to the SSCC blog to check out Linda's thoughts on the scripture and the challenge details. Also, check out the beautiful inspiration from the design team: Chris Olsen, Grace Nywening, Kathy Winter, Kristine Breach, Linda Lucas, Lisa Hjulberg, Peggysue Turner, and Randi Barrett.

We would love to have you play along with us this week. As always, one random player will win a prize! This week's sponsor, Simon Says Stamp, is offering a really cute stamp set!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Card Supplies:
Paper: SEI Bissette, Choice Buttercream cardstock, American Crafts cardstock
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs Scripture Collection 2
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: brads (The Paper Studio), ribbon (Offray)
Tools: Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card Candace. I love that verse and the dp is very pretty:) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace how lovely. You combined the challenge colors wonderfully and that scripture is a fabulous one to contemplate, also a treasure to hold in our hearts as its truth brings such comfort. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Candace!! I just love your colors and layout. That verse is my favorite!! Have a great week!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candace this is gorgeous!!! I love the papers and this verse is so wonderful!!! Just lovely in every detail!!! Hugs!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Candace - this is fabulous! I love that DP and the scripture - they are fabulous! Your DP is perfect and so pretty - what a great choice - perfect for this challenge! I love the bow too - thanks for sharing sister!! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Candace, I LOVE this card!!! What a great setting for a wonderful scripture. Congrats again on winning the ODBD challenge prize. You are on a roll with this winning thing!!! Even though it was random it is well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The papers you chose for this challenge are brilliant! This is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)