Sunday, May 23, 2010

SSCC - Distress!

Hi there! Happy Sunday! It's time for this week's Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge. Peggysue is our lovely hostess this week.

Scripture
"But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousness as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away." Isaiah 64:6

Challenge
Distress or sponge the edges of your project, or use any other technique to give it a vintage or distressed look.

My card design was inspired by Nina Brackett's quilted cards. All of the papers are from the October Afternoon Fly a Kite line. I stitched them together with a zig-zag stitch between each paper piece and a straight stitch around the outer edge. I layered the "quilted" pieces onto Choice Buttercream cardstock. I stamped the verse from Our Daily Bread Designs Scripture Collection 4 and cut it out with Nestabilities. I also stitched around the edges of the verse. I sponged around all of the edges with Dark Brown Colorbox chalk ink and  added a bow and pearls in opposite corners to finish off my card.

Be sure you hop over to the SSCC blog to check out Peggysue's thoughts on the scripture and the challenge details. Also, check out the beautiful inspiration from the design team: Chris Olsen, Grace Nywening, Kathy WinterLinda Lucas, Lisa Hjulberg, Peggysue Turner, and Randi Barrett.

On a personal note, I am very much looking forward to this week. It is our last week of school! The students' last day is Thursday, and it's a half-day for them. Our last day is Friday. I just hope the week goes by quickly! I'm looking forward to paper-crafting my summer away!

I've been experimenting with a new venture - the handmade glass pendants. I'm currently in the process of creating a "shop" on Blogger, so when that is ready to go, I will post the link. In the meantime, if you are my Facebook friend, you can see my pendants there. I thought the jewelry-making would be something fun to do over the summer. It definitely IS a lot of fun so far!

Thanks for stopping by today! :)

Supplies:
Paper: October Afternoon Fly a Kite, Bazzill cardstock, Choice Buttercream
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs Scripture Collection 4
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Colorbox Dark Brown chalk ink
Accessories: pearls (recollections by Michael's), ribbon (Taylored Expressions)
Tools: Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities, sewing machine

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Candace. What a comfort to know He is always there and never changing. Awesome combo of dp and gorgeous design!! Lovin the stitching.
    hugs,
    Chris

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Candace I love this and yes... it has got Nina's style in there! Love the papers you chose and the wonderful verse... so wonderful with today's verse! Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Candace, your card to day is lovely! Anything inspired by Nina B is something worth while. Personally I am inspired by your stitching!!! I need lessons. Have a great week, GF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your new venture! And ahem, are you setting aside those funds for any sort of special day in your future??? :) Lovely card and best wishes for a relaxing summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors you used in this card. IT really caught my eye. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this card rocks! love the colors and of course the verse is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, love the patchwork effect. Anesha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)