Sunday, May 16, 2010

SSCC - You Rock My World


Hi there! Happy Sunday! It's time for this week's Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge. The lovely Grace Nywening is our hostess this week.

Scripture
"Oh come, let us sing to the LORD!
Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms. For the LORD is the great God, and the great King above all gods." Psalm 95:1-3

Challenge
Make a card or project that depicts music or a joyful noise.

I didn't have any scripture stamps that depicted music or a joyful noise, so I went with this fun jukebox stamp that was waiting to be inked up for the first time. I stamped the jukebox from Rockin' It Unity Style by Unity Stamp Company onto Choice Buttercream cardstock. I colored it in with Copic markers and cut it out with rectangle Nestabilities. All of the papers are from the October Afternoon Farm Fresh collection. I love these papers so much. I don't know what I'll do when I run out. I may have to buy more! ;) I stamped the "You rock my world" sentiment from the same set directly onto the patterned paper. I added some glittery red brads to my image panel to make it stand out and then popped up the image with foam tape. The card needed something, so I asked my Mama, and she suggested a diagonal ribbon. She's so smart...it added the perfect touch!

Be sure you hop over to the SSCC blog to check out Grace's thoughts on the scripture and the challenge details. Also, check out the beautiful inspiration from the design team: Chris Olsen, Grace Nywening, Kathy WinterLinda Lucas, Lisa Hjulberg, Peggysue Turner, and Randi Barrett.

We would love to have you play along with us this week. As always, one random player will win a prize! This week's sponsor, Hambo Stamps, is offering a $15 gift certificate!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Card Supplies:
Paper: October Afternoon Farm Fresh, Choice Buttercream cardstock, American Crafts cardstock
Stamps: Rockin' It Unity Style (March 2010 Kit of the Month) by Unity Stamp Company
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic markers, red glitter brads (Karen Foster Designs), ribbon (The Paper Studio)
Tools: Classic Rectangle Nestabilities

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Candace this is so cute! I love the fun image and sentiment!!! Love the fun and bright colors! Great take on the challenge! Hope you have a wonderful Lord's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Candace - this is fabuoous, what a COOL image and so perfect for this weeks challenge! I love the bright colours and that ribbon - your Mum was right! Thanks for sharing Candace - I am loving it! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! I love the juke box and the saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun card and what a beautiful scripture-thanks for sharing-have a great Sunday!

    xo
    sarabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Candace, what a cute card. I love that image. Great layout and colors too:) Have a super week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so much fun! Love the bright colors. Those papers are great and so's the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute card! I got this image in an image swap and wondered what I would do with it. Thanks for the inspiration. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun and cheery card Candace. Love that image and the dp you chose!! Great layout and design!! Awesome take on the challenge. Have a great week!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)