Saturday, May 1, 2010

Sweet Stop Sketch - Christmas in April


Hi there! Happy Saturday! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog today! I have a card to share with you for today's Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge.

Yes, you're seeing right...that is a Christmas card! I've been meaning to participate in Sparkle's Christmas Card Challenge ever since January, and I finally got around to it. Sparkle's challenge this week was to make a Christmas card with pink in it. This is my first Christmas card of the year, and hopefully I'll make this a regular thing.

I used a green sheet of American Crafts cardstock for my card base. I layered a piece of patterned paper from the BasicGrey Eskimo Kisses line onto Choice Snow White cardstock for my background. I think this line is *so* cute! I stamped this fun image, Christmas List by Unity Stamp Company in Memento Tuxedo Black. I LOVE this image. I've been aching to use it ever since it came in last week.

I added six white brads, a bow, and a sparkly snowflake to finish off my card. The snowflake was cut out with the Martha Stewart snowflake punch, and I glittered it up with some Martha Stewart glitter. This card was super easy, and fun, too! I wanted to put on some Christmas music and get into the spirit. LOL!

I am entering this project in these challenges:
Stampin' Royalty - use punches (snowflake)
Digi Doodle Shop - anything goes

Hop over to the Sweet Stop blog to check out the sketch! Also, check out the awesome Sugar Babies: Nancy Brown, Kelly Caslow, Renata Elenbaas, Audrey Gonzales, Julie MasseKathy Page, Korin Sutherland, Andrea Vernagus, and Dana White.
 
Thanks for stopping by! :)
 
Card Supplies:
Cardstock: American Crafts, Choice Snow White
Paper: BasicGrey Eskimo Kisses
Stamps: Christmas List by Unity Stamp Company
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: ribbon (Offray), glitter (Martha Stewart), brads (The Paper Studio)
Tools: Martha Stewart snowflake punch, Bow Easy

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. This card is absolutely beautiful Candace! I love the papers, and the snowflake in the center of your bow. So glad you joined us for this weeks Christmas card challenge!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the bow with the snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace what a fabulous Christmas card - I have to start making more of mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Candace again a super card to share with us at Digi Doodle shop's challenge thanks hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card and thanks for joining us a Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week.

    Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, beautiful christmas card!!! Love the patterned papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable PP lovely Ribon and Great Card....thanks for joining with us at DDSB challenge, hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love this card. It's beautiful!! Thank you so much for entering this in our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful card!! Thanks so very much for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best and good luck!
    KymKreates

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is truly adorable!!! Thanks so very much for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best and good luck!
    KymKreates

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at DDSB!

    -Jo
    http://joboogie.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)