Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sweet Stop Sketch - For the Guys


If you are looking for my KL Stampin n Scrappin post, please scroll down one post.

Hi there! It's time for this week's Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge! This week's sketch has a twist - make a card for the guys! With Father's Day next month, you shouldn't have any trouble with this one. Plus, this sketch is a super-easy one!

If you've been following my blog for awhile, you should know by now that I struggle with guy cards, but I think this one turned out okay. I think one of the main reasons I struggle is because I love bright colors, so I tend to buy a lot of girly paper. I just recently ordered up some guy-ish paper, so hopefully that'll put an end to my problem.

For this card I stamped the shoes from Boys will be Boys by Taylored Expressions onto Choice Buttercream cardstock. I colored them with Copic markers and cut out the image with Nestabilities. I stamped the sentiment on the yellow cardstock and then embossed it with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder. I added some trim with my Fiskars Apron Lace punch and a couple of brads. The striped paper is from the Cosmo Cricket Boyfriend collection, and my card base is Kraft by Bazzill.

Be sure to hop over to the Sweet Stop blog to check out the sketch and the inspiration from the Sugar Babies: Nancy Brown, Kelly Caslow, Renata Elenbaas, Audrey Gonzales, Julie MasseKathy Page, Korin Sutherland, Andrea Vernagus, and Dana White.

Card Supplies:
Paper: Cosmo Cricket Boyfriend, Choice Buttercream, American Crafts cardstock, Bazzill Kraft
Stamps: Boys Will Be Boys by Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: brads (Making Memories)
Tools: Fiskars Apron Lace border punch, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. What great colors and totally cool guy card! :) Kel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace this turned out great! Funny I had my "for the guys" set out then changed my mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card.
    Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)