Tuesday, May 18, 2010

TE Blast from the Past Blog Hop

Hi there! If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you know how much I *LOVE* Taylored Expressions! I use Taylor's products in almost everything I make. She has the cutest stamps and the best customer service. So, I'm super excited to be participating in the Taylored Expressions Blast from the Past Blog Hop today!

Since Father's Day is approaching, I decided to use the Boys will be Boys stamp set. I stamped the toolbelt image in Memento Rich Cocoa onto Choice Buttercream cardstock and colored it in with Copic markers. I cut it out with Classic Circle Nestabilities. All of the papers are from the BasicGrey Mellow collection, and I followed Taylored Expressions Sketch #112. I added a couple of the screw brads, also from Taylored Expressions, to finish my card off. I usually struggle with masculine cards, but I think I'm getting better!

Your next stop on the hop is Carole. Be sure you hop to all of the blogs to see all of the awesome creations these talented ladies have for you today!



Thanks for stopping by! Have fun! :)

Card Supplies:
Paper: BasicGrey Mellow, American Crafts cardstock, Choice Buttercream cardstock
Stamps: Boys will be Boys by Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: brads (Taylored Expressions), Copic markers
Tools: Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities

Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. What a perfect Father's Day card, Candace! I bet it feels good to have a head start on that! :)

    Thanks for playing in our Blast from the Past blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! Love the masculine screw brads!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card Candace. Love the masculin image and colors. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great masculine card! Love those screw brads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome card! So perfectly masculine and colored so well....great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Candace!!! Hope you are doing AWESOME! I totally LOVE your card! I almost used this set too! FAB coloring, papers and layout! LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great card! So glad you played in the hop with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Candace this is just fabulous!! Okay I LOVE it all!! great paper and awesome sketch too!! perfect!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey sweet girl! I love your card!! I've got to think about starting my father's day cards soon. Yikes, where does the time go!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is completely amazing! LOVE that shiny remote - haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful masculine card, Candace! The screw brads are a perfect addition!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just WOW! Great use of this image and so beautifully colored. I'm so glad you were able to join the hop today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a great guy card! Love the DP, and your colouring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great take on the sketch! Love the paper you used!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - great minds think alike, huh!?! ;-) Love the stamp set you used AND your blog template!! LOL. Awesome coloring job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool job on the sketch! Great brads!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Candace! This is the perfect image for a manly man :) Love it! Love those screw brads too!! Great job. Miss ya =) ((HUGS)) I'll hop on over to the KLSNS blog to see your tutorial now. Hope you're having a great week?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Candace, wonderful blog hop!!! I don't have time to visit all of them but I had to come see yours.My DD just bought herself a tool belt made with damask print. Yours is terrific!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute card, Candace! I agree that the stamp set you have used is really great, especially if we're making masculine cards. Love the images and the colouring you have done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)