Monday, May 17, 2010

With Sympathy

Hi there! I hope you had a great weekend! I have a couple of cards to share today.

Sympathy cards are not my favorite to make. I suppose it's because you're not making them for a cheerful occasion, like you would a birthday card. However, a dear friend of our family passed away last week, and we needed a couple of sympathy cards to send to her children. I didn't have any sympathy stamps, so I went with a verse from the Our Daily Bread Designs Scripture Collection 4. I thought that this verse, Matthew 44:28, was one of comfort, and hopefully it will bring comfort to the grieving family.

I kept the design simple and kept them basically the same. Everything on my cards (except the stamp) is from the March 2010 Key Ingredients by Taylored Expressions. I stamped the verse in Memento Rich Cocoa and cut it out with Classic Oval Nestabilities. I layered it on brown cardstock that was cut out with Scallop Oval Nestabilities. All of the papers are from the Crate Paper Brook collection. I just love these earthy colors. I added some Kaiser rhinestones and a bow to each card. On the first card, I stuck one of the leaf trinket pins through the knot in the bow.

I think these turned out nice, considering I didn't have any actual sympathy stamps.


Thanks for stopping by today! :)

Card Supplies:
Paper: Crate Paper Brook, Bazzill cardstock
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs Scripture Collection 4
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: leaf trinket pin (Maya Road), turquoise rhinestones (Kaiser)
Tools: Classic Oval Nestabilities, Scallop Oval Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Arch Lattice border punch

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. GREAT cards! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this card is gorgeous. found your blog on the TE blog hop. i love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)