Wednesday, June 9, 2010

D2D Challenge - Thinking of You

Hi there! I hope everyone is having a good week. I am; I have been keeping busy. Even though summer is here, it still seems like there's not enough time in the day to do everything. Crazy, huh?

Here is a card I made for this week's progressive challenge at Designed2Delight. I love Faith's digis and taking part in these challenges. Unfortunately, I missed last week, but I'm back on track this week. I loved this week's free digi - this pot of flowers. It is perfect for almost any kind of card, but I decided to turn it into a "thinking of you" card because it seems like I'm always needed those. It would've been a cute birthday card or after I made it, I realized that "thanks a bunch" would have been a perfect sentiment. Oh well!

I colored the image with Copic markers and cut it out with circle Nestabilities. I printed the sentiment on my computer, popped it up with foam tape, and did some stitching around the edges of the card. I used the Bloom & Grow Card Kit from Taylored Expressions. Speaking of TE, I followed Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #116.

Tip: First, I printed my sentiment on a regular sheet of printer paper. Then, I placed a strip (slightly bigger than I wanted my sentiment strip to be) over the sentiment and taped the sides down. I put that sheet back into the printer and printed the sentiment again. That's an easy way to not have to put a whole sheet of patterned paper in your printer. 

On a personal note, I am SO excited. We ordered an above-ground swimming pool. These South Mississippi summers are HOT and humid. I cannot wait until it comes in and we get it set up! :)

That's it for today! Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Paper: Bloom and Grow by My Mind's Eye, Prism cardstock, Choice Buttercream cardstock
Stamps: Potted Flowers by Designed2Delight
Accessories: yellow pearls (Kaiser Craft), ribbon (Taylored Expressions), Copic markers foam tape
Tools: Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities, sewing machine

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Hi Candace! What a pretty card, love it =) That pretty pink DP on the side and for your sentiment is so CUTE! Love your pop of yellow in the ribbon and pearls too! I'm loving that new forum... lots of fun and freebies!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Candace!! I love the colors and wonderful job with coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card!!!! Hope your having a great summer!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)