Wednesday, June 2, 2010

In Honor of My Favorite Golfafella...


Hi there! The best part about being on summer vacation is getting to sit down and create something whenever I want! I made this card today and it happens to fit two different challenges. I am going to love getting to play in some of my favorite challenges this summer.

I print out Karen Giron's sketches for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge every week. I hardly ever get a card made on time with the sketch, but I'll file it in my sketch box and come back to it a few weeks later. I am actually on time for this week! Yay!

This card is also for this week's Simon Says Challenge to make a Father's Day or masculine card.

I stamped this adorable golfafella from Stamping Bella in Mementoa Tuxedo Black on Choice Snow White cardstock. I colored him in with Copic markers. When I saw this fella, I knew I just *had* to get this card to make my Daddy a card. He loves to play golf and plays several times a week. I colored his hair gray just like my daddy's! LOL!

I cut the image out with oval Nestabilities. All of the papers are from "The Places You'll Go" by Cosmo Cricket. I did some paper-piercing around the edges of the green panel, and I embossed the Kraft panel with my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder. No fancy ribbons or frills on this masculine card...just three brown brads to finish it off.

I stamped a Father's Day sentiment on the inside. I can't wait to give this to my dad!

Thanks for stopping by today! :)

Supplies:
Paper: The Places You'll Go by Cosmo Cricket, Choice Snow White, Bazzill Kraft
Stamps: golfafella by Stamping Bella
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: brads (The Paper Studio), Copic markers
Tools: Small and Large Classic Oval Nestabilities, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder, Cuttlebug, sewing machine

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Great papers! I like the image too - he made me smile :)

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Candace, perfect image for a mans card.
    thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)