Saturday, June 5, 2010

KLSNS - A Shaped Card Challenge


Hi there! Happy Saturday! I am the hostess of this week's KL Stampin' N Scrappin' Challenge and my challenge is to make a shaped card.

I used this cute little mouse - "The Graduate" by House Mouse - for my card. I used the largest circle in my Scallop Circle Nestabilities to cut out the card. I left a little of the Nestie hanging over the fold when I cut it out so that I ended up with one piece...not two.

I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored him in with Copic markers. I'm actually pretty proud of my coloring skills here. I am a Copic beginning, but I think I did okay with the shading here. 

The polka dot paper is from Black Market Paper Society. I added a ribbon and three black brads to finish it off.

You can hop over to the KLSNS blog to see the inspiration from the design team. The ladies did an awesome job this week with my challenge!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Supplies:
Paper: Black Market Paper Society Ebony and Alabaster Collection, Prism Cardstock, Choice Snow White cardstock
Stamps: The Graduate by House Mouse
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: ribbon (Offray), brads (The Paper Studio), Copic markers
Tools: corner chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Large Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Large Classic Circle Nestabilities, Cuttlebug

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. very cute! I love this circle card. Cute image and love the B& W

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fantastic job with the shape challenge, and I thought being a teacher you would love the little graduation mouse. Fab job coloring him too. :) Kel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)