Saturday, June 26, 2010

KLSNS - A Sketch Challenge

Hi there! Is it hot enough for you yet? This has been one hot summer! We recently got an above-ground swimming pool, and we have been enjoying it so much. I was in and out of the pool several times today, that I still feel like I'm floating as I write this.

It's time for this week's challenge at KL Stampin' N Scrappin. Jodi is our hostess this week, and she created a great sketch for us to use for the challenge. You can hop over to the KLSNS blog to see the sketch - which is actually a square sketch, but I made it work for an A2-sized card.

I used the BasicGrey Fauna stamp set for my card, and I tried something new with my stamping. I really wanted to incorporate several different colors into the images, so I stamped several different Memento Dew Drop pads onto the stamps before I stamped them. I used Memento Rhubarb Stalk, Tangelo, and Rosebud for the flower image, and Memento Rich Cocoa and Potter's Clay for the bird. I cut out the image with Circle Nestabilities and sponged around the edges with Memento Cantaloupe. I think this card might win an award for most Memento inks used in one card. LOL!

All of the papers are BasicGrey Indian Summer. I stitched around the edges and added a couple of brads and a ribbon to finish it off. Tip: My ribbon piece was too short to tie a bow, but I really wanted to use it. So, I cut it long enough to wrap around the front of the card and glued the overlapping edges behind the background. Then, I tied a knot in what was left and glued it to the ribbon. That's a way to get the most out of your small ribbon pieces.

Be sure to hop over to the KLSNS blog to check out the challenge details as well as the inspiration from the design team: Ceal, Debbie, Jacilynn, JodiKellyand Risa. We would love to have you play along with us this week!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I'm off to my LSS today and then more swimming! Have a great weekend!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Prism, Choice Snow White
Patterned Paper: BasicGrey Indian Summer, sentiment from Mega Mixed Messages by Papertrey Ink
Stamps: BasicGrey Fauna
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Rose Bud, Potter's Clay, Rhubarb Stalk, Canteloupe, Tangelo
Embellishments: ribbon (Taylored Expressions), brads (The Paper Studio) 
Tools: Classic Circle Nestabilities, sewing machine

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love these papers. so cute.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME job with the Fauna stamp set, Candace, and it was definitely perfect to match it up with the Indian summer BG papers (exactly what BG had in mind too)!! Your memento inks look like that match perfectly! GREAT job! Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Candace! I love the serene look of your image and the design papers match perfectly!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I can feel the heat pouring off of this card, Candace! Beautiful summer colors, and what a sweet stamp set! Love what you've made here. Enjoy that pool, but please, please, please remember the sunscreen! :-) Hugs, Deedee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)