Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Pink Elephant - Back to 1986

Hi there! Happy Thursday! The weekend is in sight!

This is my layout for today's scrapbook challenge at The Pink Elephant. This week's challenge is to create a layout using a black and white photo.

In my circle of friends group, the Sassy Blinging Babes, we are doing monthly Book of Me challenges. The one for January was to do a layout about the things that were going on the year you were born. Yes, I am just now getting around to doing this one...in June. Oops! Better late than never, I suppose. I actually printed the photo in January and have had every intention of scrapping it but didn't get around to it until now. If I had done all of these on time, then at the end of the year I would have 12 layouts for my Book of Me. Hopefully I can get caught up this summer, especially now that these TPE challenges are pushing me to scrapbook.

I got the inspiration for this layout from my friend and fellow babe, Sarah. You can see her layout by clicking here.

I typed up the top information on my computer - TV Shows, Songs, Toys, Headline News, Average Prices, and the President. I cut out each item with Classic Square Nestabilities and layered it on a piece of patterned paper cut out with Scallop Square Nestabilities. All of the papers are from the October Afternoon Fly a Kite collection...*love* these papers!!

I did a lot of sponging (boy, was my finger tired!) and a little bit of stitching. I added some brads in each corner to finish it off. Super simple! Oh, and yes that's me in the photo. I don't have an exact date, but I asked my Mama, and she said I was about 6 months old there.

Hop over to The Pink Elephant blog to see the inspiration from the design team.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! :)

Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill Kraft, Choice Buttercream, October Afternoon Fly a Kite
Ink: Memento Cantaloupe
Embellishments: brown brads (The Paper Studio), alpha stickers (Making Memories Tiny Alphabet Brown Ledger and American Crafts)
Tools: Classic Square Nestabilities, Scallop Square Nestabilities, sewing machine

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Is that you as a baby??? How sweet! What a neat layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your LO! It is perfect for a All About Me!! Blessings and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a BEAUTIFUL page Candace!! Love this so much. And how clever to add things that were "IN" that year =) Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your layout Candace! Love all the squares great design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THIS!!!!! love the concept and I LOVE how you have created it and love the colours too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)