Sunday, June 6, 2010

SSCC - Kissin' Frogs


No, I haven't been kissing any frogs lately. Ewww!! However, I did color up this little cutie for my Stampin' Sisters in Christ card today.

Kathy Winter is our hostess this week. Here's her challenge info:

Scripture
"And God said,"Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." Genesis 1:26

Challenge
Make a card/project that has some kind of animal on it. It could be a fish, bird, or land mammal, or a creeping bug.

I used this cute frog from Wild Flower Patch, our sponsor this week. They have some adorable images so "hop" on over and check them out! When I saw his crown, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with him. I printed him out and colored him with Copic markers. The sentiment is from Tiddly Inks. I love it!! I followed FTL 92, a sketch from Clean and Simple. The papers are Ooh La La by My Mind's Eye and were from my December Key Ingredients by Taylored Expressions. I still had this kit on my desk from my Sweet Stop Sketch card yesterday, so I just used it again. I embossed the turquoise panel with my Swiss Dots embossing folder, and added lots of Tiny Twinkles...even to his crown! I used the Embellie Gellie for adding my Twinkles, and it made the job so easy! I finished my card off with a simple bow.

Be sure you hop over to the SSCC blog to check out Peggysue's thoughts on the scripture and the challenge details. Also, check out the beautiful inspiration from the design team: Chris Olsen, Grace Nywening, Kathy WinterLinda Lucas, Lisa Hjulberg, Peggysue Turner, and Randi Barrett.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Supplies:
Paper: Ooh La La by My Mind's Eye, Prism cardstock, Choice Snow White cardstock
Stamps: Frog Prince by Wild Flower Patch, sentiment by Tiddly Inks
Accessories: Copic markers, Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions), ribbon (Taylored Expressions)
Tools: Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots embossing folder, Embellie Gellie

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Candace this is such a cute frog! I don't know if I'd want to kiss him, but that crown must mean something! Hmmmm. Great choice of papers and cute little ribbon. You have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Candace, great minds think alike huh=) I came across my frog and thought it was so cute I had to use it. Your frog is so cute too. Love the bright colors. I also have that sentiment and almost used it!! Have a great week.

    ~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun Candace!! I just love your sweet frog and that dp is gorgeous!! So bright and cheerful!! Love the matching sentiment too!! Great take on the challenge!! Have a great week!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Candace - this is adorable - I love your beautifully coloured frog and the perfectly matched DP - gawjuss! Your card is perfect for this weeks challenge! Thanks for sharing! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)