Sunday, June 13, 2010

SSCC - Masculine Cards

Hi there! It's time for this week's Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge. Lisa Hjulberg is our hostess this week.

Challenge
Make a Father's Day card or project, or a masculine card.

I already have all of my Father's Day cards made, and I'm always in need of masculine cards, so I chose to make a masculine birthday card to add to my stash.

Can you believe I made this entire card without a single sheet of patterned paper?! I stamped this image from With Deepest Sympathy by Our Daily Bread Designs in Memento Tuxedo Black on Choice Snow White cardstock. I love that stamp set because while it has sympathy sentiments, the image alone is also perfect for masculine cards.

I cut out the image with rectangle Nestabilities and layered it on some Birchtone Dark Prism cardstock that I punched with the Fiskars Apron Lace border punch. My background paper is Bazzill Kraft, which I ran through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I printed the sentiment "wishing you a relaxing birthday" on my computer. I added some hemp twine and a button to finish off the card.

Oh, by the way, I followed Taylored Expressions Sketch #117 for my card, and I am also entering this card in this week's Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge to use blue, green, and yellow with neutral colors on your card.

Be sure you hop over to the SSCC blog to check out Peggysue's thoughts on the scripture and the challenge details. Also, check out the beautiful inspiration from the design team: Chris Olsen, Grace Nywening, Kathy WinterLinda Lucas, Lisa Hjulberg, Peggysue Turner, and Randi Barrett.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Supplies:
Paper: Choice Snow White, Choice Buttercream, Prism Birchtone Dark, Bazzill Kraft
Stamps: With Deepest Sympathy by Our Daily Bread; computer-generated sentiment
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic markers, twine (Papertrey Ink), button (my button jar)
Tools: Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots embossing folder, Classic Rectangle Nestabilities

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Oh Candace you did an awesome job with this set! Your coloring is gorgeous and I love the layout you used!!! Such a great guy bd card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this set Candace and you did a fabulous job coloring this, so serene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace, you did a great job on this card. The coloring is terrific. Perfect for a 'guys' birthday card. Have a great week =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card Candace, yet such a
    'guy' image. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Candace!! I just love your coloring of this image!! Gorgeous and very summery!! Perfect guy card!!
    You should enter it in the ODBD Shining the Light challenge (it is a blue, green, yellow and neutrals challenge).
    Have a great week.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Candace your card is wonderful!! The colors are so vibrant yet peaceful!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a serene scene, and so beautifully-colored Candace! Fabulous masculine card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card and I agree with everyone you did a fabulous job with the coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for entering this card in the SHining the Light Challenge Candace!! It is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, Candance, this is one amazing card. Your coloring is over the top gorgeous!! Thanks so much for taking the time to play along in our ODBD Shining the Light Challenge!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card for the guys! Beautiful stamp! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, the coloring is awesome!! Terrific card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)