Sunday, June 20, 2010

SSCC - Sentiment Cards

Hi there! It's time for a Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge. It's my turn to be the hostess this week.

Before I get to the challenge, I do want to let everyone know that after much prayer, I have decided to step down from the Stampin' Sisters in Christ design team. SSCC gave me a wonderful opportunity because they were my very first desgin team. It's time for me to move on, enjoy the rest of my summer, and allow someone else to have a go with designing for SSCC. They are an amazing group of Christian ladies. I am so thankful to God for the opportunity and especially for the friendships I made there. I will, of course, still play along in the challenges when I can. To my SSCC sisters, I wish you all the best.

Scripture
"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Challenge
Make a card using a sentiment only - no stamped images.

My card was super simple to make. I've always wanted to try the pleated ribbon technique, so I kept the card simple in order to focus on my fun zebra-print ribbon. I stamped the sentiment from Mega Mixed Messages by Papertrey Ink, embossed my card, added some patterned paper, pleated the ribbon, and rounded the corners. That's IT! It was so easy, that I decided to make another one. I did the same thing with this next card just using different papers and ribbon. I am going to be doing this ribbon technique a lot now. It's my new favorite thing!


Be sure you hop over to the SSCC blog to check out my thoughts on the scripture and the challenge details. Also, check out the beautiful inspiration from the design team: Chris Olsen, Grace Nywening, Kathy WinterLinda Lucas, Lisa Hjulberg, Peggysue Turner, and Randi Barrett, as well as our guest designers Miesje Flach and Rebekka Reed.

That's it for me today. It's been a great ride! Thanks for stopping by! :)

"Absolutely Fabulous" Supplies:
Paper: Choice Snow White cardstock, patterned paper by The Paper Studio
Stamps: Mega Mixed Messages by Papertrey Ink
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: zebra ribbon (The Paper Studio)
Tools: We R Memory keepers Corner Chomper, Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots embossing folder

"Thanks So Much" Supplies:
Paper: Choice Buttercream cardstock, Bo Bunny Kitchen Spice
Stamps: Mega Mixed Messages by Papertrey Ink
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: brown ribbon (Offray)
Tools: We R Memory keepers Corner Chomper

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Candace!! I'm sorry you're leaving SSIC but TOTALLY understand!! I also wanted to let you know that your prayer each day that "students may see more of Him and less of me." is the same prayer I say. I'll be sure to include you in my prayer each morning!! :-) Blessings and Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace this is so pretty! Love the rounded corners and the gathered up ribbon! So so pretty even though it is simple!!! We will truly miss you!!!! Have a blessed and relaxing summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Candace, love the pleated ribbon. I am going to miss you at SSCS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Candace. I know that we only just met but it seems like I know you through your sharing on SSCC. You have touched lives through this ministry. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Candace... I'm sure you're presence will be greatly missed at SSCC!

    Your cards are so fresh and fun and full of color!! I just LOVE your ribbon treatment on both cards today. I wish you a very happy Father's Day today. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Candace, I will miss you fellow teamie. I so understand as when I was teaching I could never have attempted anything so big as what you do! Teaching is such a major job and we need so many good Christian teachers.

    Your cards today are just sweet. I love the pleated ribbon. I have seen several around the blog lately and will have to do some myself. Have a great week, enjoy July as August and school will be here before you know it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of your cards are FABULOUS... especially the pleated ribbon. We will miss you at SSCC! Don't be a stranger!!!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the simpleness of these cards Candace. I'm going to try the pleated ribbon soon. Have a great week, and I will miss you =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty with those rounded corners and the pleated ribbon! I am NOT going to say good bye because I expect to see you around in blogland! So glad I had the blessing of being on a design team with you. And you have some very fortunate students.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are stunning, Candace! I particularly like the one with the zebra ribbon -- I have never seen anything like that before, and you showed it off so well. Truly lovely cards made by a very talented lady! Hugs, Deedee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card -- something I will have to try now too! Thanks so much for this week's challenge and for all the wonderful cards you have posted for us while you were a DT. Good luck in your new ventures. I'll be "watching you."

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Candace - what a blessing you are, your students are blessed to have you in their school loves - I can still remember the teachers who impacted my lufe - what a gift they gave me!! You will be missed over at SSIC by both players and DT! God bless you!
    Love your cards - you have a special gift my friend! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Candace! Thanks so much showing this ribbon technique -- here is my first try --
    tell me what you think

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)