Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sweet Stop - Happy Birthday!

Hi there! It's time for this week's Sweet Stop Sketch.

I love this bright green that dominates my card! I used my February Key Ingredients from Taylored Expressions, and the stamp is from the May Kit of the Month by Unity Stamp Company.

I embossed the black panel with my Spots and Dots embossing folder and added some white trim to it with my Fiskars Apron Lace border punch. The sentiment was printed on my computer and cut out with oval Nestabilities. I finished the card off with a flower from the kit and added a button to it.

See the stitching? That is upholstery thread. It's all I had in black because I accidentally bought that instead of regular thread one day. I was worried it was way too thick, but it turned out great. I love how bold it looks!

Be sure to hop over to the Sweet Stop blog to check out the sketch and the inspiration from the Sugar Babies: Nancy BrownRenata Elenbaas, Audrey Gonzales, Julie MasseKathy Page, Korin Sutherland, Andrea Vernagus, and Dana White.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a GREAT weekend! :)

Supplies:
Paper: Making Memories, Prism cardstock, Choice Snow White cardstock
Stamps: May 2010 Kit of the Month by Unity Stamp Company
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: brads (The Paper Studio), button (my button jar), flower and ribbon (Feb. 2010 Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients), Copic markers, black thread
Tools: Classic Oval Nestabilities, Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Spots and Dots embossing folder, sewing machine, Fiskars Apron Lace border punch

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Aaack!! This is so adorable!! Love it, love it!! That bold black thread is perfect to frame the card!! You really need to submit this one SOMEWHERE, Candace!! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super color scheme Candace -- this is an awesome card =) Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card Candace. I love the color combo, and the image is great. Have a great weekend=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun! Love the color combo you used, and the sweet polka-dots!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)