Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sweet Stop - Happy July 4th!

Okay, so it's not July 4th yet, but I'm getting a head start with my cards! This card is for today's Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge. This sketch has a twist - to decorate the inside of your card. My photo shows a little peek of the inside.

I never have any patriotic papers or stamps, so when Taylored Expressions came out with a 4th of July Project Pantry Kit, I had to have it! I also got all three of the patriotic stamps. I figured I could also use the "God Bless the USA" one on cards I send to Operation Write Home.

I used the kit for my card today. I stamped the image onto the cream cardstock with Memento Paris Dusk and Memento Lady Bug and cut it out with Classic Oval Nestabilities. I used this piece of patterned paper because it reminded me of my grandmother, who likes to quilt. I used my Fiskars Threading Water border punch for the trim and added a few star rhinestones to each corner.

For the inside, I lined it with some cream cardstock and adhered a strip of the same paper from the front and used my border punch again so that the inside mimicked the front.

Be sure to hop over to the Sweet Stop blog to check out the sketch and the inspiration from the Sugar Babies: Nancy BrownRenata Elenbaas, Audrey Gonzales, Julie MasseKathy Page, Korin Sutherland, Andrea Vernagus, and Dana White.

I'm in Alabama today having fun with my family...photos to come on Monday! Thanks for stopping by! :)

Supplies:
Paper: We R Memory Keepers Old Glory Collection, Prism cardstock
Stamps: Happy July 4th by Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento Paris Dusk, Memento Lady Bug
Embellishments: star rhinestones
Tools: Fiskars Threading Water border punch, Small and Large Classic Oval Nestabilities

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Candace, this is so cute. love the patriotic colors.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute 4th of July card Candace! TE comes out with some awesome sets and papers too! Love my KI kits each month =) Hope you have a special Father's Day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)