Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sweet Stop - How's it Rollin?


Hi there! Here's my card for this week's Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge.

I tweaked the sketch a bit. The original sketch has an oval instead of a circle, but I kept all of the other elements the same.

These super-cute roller skates and coordinating sentiment are from the May 2010 Kit of the Month by Unity Stamp Company. Would you believe that I can't roller skate/blade? I tried as a kid and after numerous occasions of falling down, I eventually hung up the skates, so-to-speak. Now, I'm 24-years-old and couldn't roller skate to save my life. Those gals at Sonic sure are awesome, though. LOL! Please tell me I'm not alone.

I digress. Back to my card. I colored my image in with Copics and cut it out with Circle Nestabilities. All of my papers came from the December 2009 Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients. I love those bright colors! It's a kit I reach for all the time. I embossed the pink paper with the D'Vine Swirls Cuttlebug embossing folder, but you can't really tell in this photo. I used my Martha Stewart Loopy border punch for the punched edge, and I stamped the sentiment directly onto the cardstock. I added a tiny bow and three brads to complete the card. This was an easy one!

Be sure to hop over to the Sweet Stop blog to check out the sketch and the inspiration from the Sugar Babies: Nancy Brown, Kelly Caslow, Renata Elenbaas, Audrey Gonzales, Julie MasseKathy Page, Korin Sutherland, Andrea Vernagus, and Dana White.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Supplies:

Paper: Ooh La La by My Mind's Eye, Choice Snow White cardstock, Prism cardstock
Stamps: May 2010 Kit of the Month by Unity Stamp Company
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic markers, ribbon (Taylored Expressions), brads (The Paper Studio)
Tools: D'Vine Swirls Cuttlebug embossing folder, Cuttlebug, Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Loopy border punch

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Wow now that takes me back to my younger days! Great card Candace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! What a CUTE card Candace!! Love the skates with the sentiment-- very PUNNY!! =) Your DP is fabulous too and love that border punch. That's one I don't have yet. I got it for my mom though, maybe I should borrow it ;) Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great image! Fantastic card Candace - have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card Candace!! I just love the rollerskates, your layout and the colors! The sentiment is perfect. That punch is one of my favorites...wish I could find it for myself.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card, Candace! I saw it on the Sugar Babies blog and it immediately caught my eye. Your card for SSCC is also adorable... great job coloring that frog. Thanks for using one of Jen's images!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww Candace, this is such a great card. Brings me back to the day when I had roller skates. Love that border punch too. It's perfect for the card=)

    ~Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)