Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sweet Stop Sketch - God Bless!

Hi everyone! It's time for today's Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge. It's kind of sad for me today because this is my last card as a Sugar Baby. I remember when I got the email from Korin on Christmas Day of last year inviting me to join the design team. As if Christmas wasn't already great, that made it even better! I have really enjoyed being on the team and working with the other Sugar Babies. Thank you so much, Korin!

I used the 4th of July Project Pantry Kit from Taylored Expressions for my card. I love these beautiful papers from the We R Memory Keepers Old Glory Collection. I followed the sketch pretty much to a "T" this time. I stamped the image - God Bless the USA by Taylored Expressions - in Memento Rhubarb Stalk, cut it out with rectangle Nestabilities, and sponged around the edges with Memento Summer Sky. I added some stars from the kit to the fireworks and also added some Stickles in Waterfall and Christmas Red. I used my Fiskars Apron Lace border punch for the trim, and added a bow. That's about it!

Be sure to hop over to the Sweet Stop blog to check out the sketch and the inspiration from the Sugar Babies: Nancy BrownRenata Elenbaas, Audrey Gonzales, Julie MasseKathy Page, Korin Sutherland, Andrea Vernagus, and Dana White.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Prism, Choice Buttercream
Patterned Paper: We R Memory Keepers Old Glory Collection
Stamps: God Bless the USA by Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento Rhubarb Stalk, Memento Summer Sky
Embellishments: stars (TE 4th of July Project Pantry Kit), Waterfall Stickles, Christmas Red Stickles
Tools: Fiskars Apron Lace border punch, Classic Rectangle Nestabilities

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. LOVE this card!!! Awesome job, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These papers are perfect! What a great card. Love it.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ver nice card!!! It's been great being on the DT with you. It's going to be a sad goodbye, but I am so glad to have met some wonderful ladies!!! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Candice!! I love the red, white and blue theme!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel your sadness Candace! Just remember that you blessed many with your creativity and made some great friends along the way. So glad that we have you on our team over at Deedee's Digis. Love your style and your heart. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun, patriotic card, Candace! I am so sorry for your sadness at moving on -- I truly understand how tough that can be. But what a blessing to have been a part of a terrific team, and to have made some new friends along the way. :-) Hugs, Deedee

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOO, this is BEAUTIFUL Candace!! LOVE that sketch--I used the same one yesterday for today's card!! =) Korin always has wonderful sketches.

    Thanks so much for stopping by the Double Delight Challenge blog!! I appreciate your excitement and support =) Fun Stuff. Hope you're enjoying your summer? My kids are trying to fit in as many VBS weeks as possible so they don't have to come to work with me, LOL! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. btw... LOVE your bright and funky new blog look too!! Perfect for summer! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. HEY GIRL! Thanks so much for my ring (AND EXTRA SPECIAL SURPRISE!!!!!!!) I just love them!!!!! You rock! Don't you just love the sweet stop sketches? they are the best! CUTE CARD!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)