Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Taylored Expressions June Key Ingredients Challenge

Hi there!! If you've been reading my blog for awhile, then I think you're probably aware of how much i *love* Taylored Expressions!

Taylor asked a few TE friends to join the Baker's Dozen for the June Key Ingredients challenge this month. I was SO excited that she asked me, and I gladly agreed!

June Key Ingredients Challenge:
Creating your own flower embellishment is the challenge this month! Layering, punching, distressing, whatever it takes to create a one of a kind flower. And the elements in this month's kit will help! Grab those flower die cuts, paper flowers, and buttons and start layering, sponging, popping, etc.! Then use the flower embellishment as the focal point of your card or to embellish your stamped creation!

The flower pieces in this kit are perfect for creating your own flower embellishments. Everything is already diecut for you...you just piece it together!

I used Split Coast Stampers Sketch #283 for my card. Of course, all of the papers are the super cute Fly a Kite Collection by October Afternoon, which are included in this month's kit. I stitched around all of the edges with my Janome Sew Mini. For my flower embellishment I layered the flower pieces together with pop dots.  I topped off my flower with a button which I threaded some cream thread through and tied a bow. I also popped up the entire flower panel with pop dots for some added dimension.

To finish off my card, I added a coordinating ribbon and a tag that I stamped with "If friends were flowers, I'd pick you." This sentiment is from A Year of Sweet Sentiments, also by TE. I love the way my card turned out!

I have been a Key Ingrdients subscriber for awhile now, and I always look forward to getting my kit. It's the ultimate happy mail! Oh, and I let me tell yall - if I had all the money in the world, I would own the entire TE store. Yup, sure would. :)

If you're on the fence about becoming a TE Key Ingredients subscriber, allow me to tell you a few of the reasons why I love it so much:
1) Ever since getting these kits, I hardly ever go shop for supplies at Hobby Lobby or Michael's. I rely on my Key Ingredients for my monthly "fix," and there's plenty of ingredients in there to whip up a perfect batch of cards. So, in a way, I save money!
2) Everything is perfectly coordinated...no hard work for me!
3) Taylor has awesome customer service!
4) Oh, and the best part...10% off plus free shipping on everything in the TE Store once a month!

It gets even better...Taylor is running a great promotion this month! Any new or current subscriber who purchases or extends a subscription for 6 months between June 15th - 19th will receive a FREE Taylored Expressions stamp set (designed by Taylor herself!) upon completion of the 6 month term. You can click here to purchase a 6-month subscription. You can also go to the Key Ingredients website for more information. I don't know about y'all, but I'm renewing! :)

Don't forget to check out the gorgeous inspiration from the Baker's Dozen & Friends!

Baker's Dozen:

Taylor VanBruggen
Karen Motz
Jeanie Witmer
Alex Maldonado
Carolina Buchting
Jackie Pedro
Sankari Wegman

And friends:
Rosie Hughes
Lisa Hjulberg
Stacey Schafer
Cassandra Trask
Colleen Begley
JoAnn Valderama
Tracy Clemente

Thanks so much for stopping by today! :)

Supplies:
Paper: October Afternoon Fly a Kite, Bazzill cardstock, Choice Buttercream cardstock
Stamps: A Year of Sweet Sentiments by Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: ribbon (Taylored Expressions), button and flower diecuts (June 2010 TE Key Ingredients), thread, pop dots
Tools: Tag Trio Nestabilities, sewing machine

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful! Love that sentiment its just perfect for your gorgeous card!
    hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute, Candace! love your mix of the patterned paper:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card. Many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Candace!!! LOVE all the stitching you added!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE! CUTE! CUTE! I love your color combo and they way you paired your flowers. Aren't they FUN?! I need more. LOL!

    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is *uber* cute, Candace! Thanks so much for joining us for the KI Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Candace, I had to wait till after work to check out the blogs. It was killing me all day. Your card is super cute. I like the stitching and the flower focal point.

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)