Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July Yumminess

I love cupcakes...baking them, eating them, buying cupcakey things, etc. They're just so cute! I have been in search of the perfect buttercream icing recipe. I don't like the Wilton one because it uses Crisco, and Crisco leaves that waxy taste in your mouth. I wanted pure buttercream, but yet one that would hold its own with a piping bag and make a beautiful swirl. I finally found it! I have experimented with so many different recipes, but it was worth it. The one I made yesterday was a sure keeper. I even made it in chocolate. Then, I was inspired to make some cupcake wrappers. There is a new cupcake wrapper Cricut cartridge at Walmart. I've been wanting it, but then I Googled "free cupcake wrapper svg" and found lots of them. So, that saves me $39! I chose some red, white, and blue papers and cut out the wrappers to wrap around my cupcakes. Here they are!




Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Oh, how I wish I lived next door! These look amazing and so clever to google for your wrappers -- Happy Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any chance of sharing that buttercream recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so pretty and yummy..
    Would you mind sharing the recipe for your Butter Cream frosting (choc too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Joanne! Can you share the buttercream recipe? I'm not much of a fan of Crisco either. These cupcakes look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! Those look really good Candace. Please contact me regarding Christmas Cards All Year Round at sunifla1@comcast.net Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)