Friday, July 9, 2010

CPC Fun on Friday - Embossing

Hi there! Happy Friday! It's time for the Fun on Friday Challenge at Christian Paper Crafts. Today's challenge is to to do wet or dry embossing on your card or other project.

I decided to do a Christmas card for my sample today, because I've been trying to do one every now and then so that I don't have so many to make when Christmas comes. I used this great sketch from Sparkle's Christmas Card Challenges.

I used the Christmas Blessings stamp set from Taylored Expressions. I stamped the image onto Choice Buttercream and cut it out and mounted it up with foam tape. All of the papers are from the SEI Christmas Mint collection, and I stitched around all of the edges. To fit the embossing challenge, I used my Snowflakes Cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss the green panels. I stamped the sentiment onto Choice Buttercream and cut it out like a little banner. I added three green brads to finish my card off.

Thanks for stopping by today! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Prism, Choice Buttercream
Patterned Paper: SEI Christmas Mint
Stamps: Christmas Blessings by Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Embellishments: green brads (The Paper Studio)
Tools: sewing machine, Cuttlebug, Snowflakes Cuttlebug embossing folder, foam tape

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Christmas Card Challenges, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Candace! Great take on the sketch too. So glad you joined us for another Christmas Card challenge! Hope you can play along again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder that I need to get these started too. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards. Beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)