Sunday, July 18, 2010

Deedee's Digis - For the Happy Couple

Hi, there! I hope you are having a good weekend so far. I didn't do much at all yesterday. I cleaned out my closet! I bagged up two big bags of clothes to take to the thrift store. How do I accumulate so many clothes?? I went shopping Friday and got new clothes, and I couldn't fit them in my closet. That's when I knew it was time to clean out!

Anyway, I have a wedding card to share with you today. Deedee released several new sets in the digi store this week - three adorable new baby sets as well as this wedding set that I used, For the Happy Couple.

I love this set because you can color the cake to match the wedding colors, and then it's personalized! What bride wouldn't love a personalized card made just for her wedding? However, I don't know anyone getting married soon, so I just went with a black and red color combo. I do that color combo a lot. I love bright colors, but I think sub-consciously, this is one of my favorites. That, and I'm trying to use up that Black Market Paper Society paper. LOL!

I colored the cake with Copic markers and cut it out with square Nestabilities. The red layer was cut out with Scallop Square Nestabilities. I embossed the black panel with the Victoria Cuttlebug embossing folder. I added a sheer, organza bow. The tag uses a sentiment from the wedding set, and I cut it out with Tag Trio Nestabilities. That is what I love about digis - you can make them any size you want! My digi images always fit perfectly in my Nesties because I measure the inside of the Nestie before I size the digi on my computer. You can't do that with a rubber stamp.

Here's a tip: If you cut your paper crooked, do some stitching around it, and hopefully nobody will be able to tell. Haha!! It was so obviously crooked, so I thought "Hmmm...what can I do to fix that without redoing the whole card?" Stitching!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure you hop over to Deedee's Digis and check out those new releases. Have a great day!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Prism, American Crafts, Choice Snow White
Patterned Paper: Black Market Paper Society
Stamps: For the Happy Couple by Deedee's Digis
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: ribbon (Offray), Spica clear glitter pen
Tools: Classic Square Nestabilities, Scallop Square Nestabilities, Tag Trio Nestabilities, sewing machine, Cuttlebug, Victoria Cuttlebug embossing folder, foam tape

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Oh Goodie, I get to be first to comment on your card! It's wonderful! I love the colors you used and it's a great idea to use the colors of a wedding to make the card speical for the wedding couple!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous card! I love the colors & dp you chose! Thanks for the "tip" too! I don't know how many cards I've had to "re-do" because something was crooked!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Candace! So elegant and I know whoever you give it to will be so happy to recieve it! I love the new look of your blog. It so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very elegant, Candace! Love the striking color combination you used, and the fun way you attached the greeting. I honestly wasn't sure how I felt about this image -- one of those cases of "it didn't come out how I expected" -- but you have made it so beautiful with your coloring and elegant design! Hugs, Deedee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)