Thursday, July 1, 2010

Deedee's Digis Luau

Hi everyone! Today is a fun day because it is the Deedee's Digis Luau!! We are kicking off the design team luau-style, and Deedee is releasing many cute new digis that you will see featured on the design teams' cards today. You can get in on all the fun over at the Deedee's Digis group at Crafters Digital Art Center.

There's also a fun challenge! Create a summer or luau-themed card with a digi image and post it to the Deedee's Digis page at CDAC, and you will receive a free digi from Deedee just for participating! You have until Wednesday, July 7 to create something for this challenge.

I used this cute little guy from Surf's Up for my card. I paper-pieced him. Did you know that you can paper-piece using digi images? You can! First I printed my image on cardstock. Then, I printed it again on regular copy paper. Next, I taped a scrap piece over the part I wanted, for example, the swimsuit. Then, I ran it back through the printer. I did this for the surfboard as well. I colored my image with Copic markers, and then did the paper-piecing. I added some Aleene's paper glaze to the water to give it a glossy effect. I added the sentiment, which comes with the Surf's Up set, with pop dots, and finished my card off with a couple of brads.

All of the papers are from the Cosmo Cricket Snorkel collection, and they are just perfect for all of Deedee's fun, new, summer digis! Don't forget to check the new summer releases out! You can click here to go to Deedee's store.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have fun at the luau!

Supplies:
Cardstock: American Crafts, Choice Snow White
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket Snorkel
Stamps: Surf's Up by Deedee's Digis
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: white brads (The Paper Studio), Aleene's Paper Glaze, pop dots
Tools: Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Classic Oval Nestabilities

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Your paper is perfect for you card and the colors are very vibrant and fun! Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! Love that paper and the paper piecing! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card, Candace! Absolutely perfect papers, and I love how you paper-pieced parts of the scene. Very fun and summery!!! Hugs, Deedee

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is he!! Love your bright & cheery colors & choices of paper for this one! Happy Summer Candace! XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)