Sunday, July 11, 2010

Deedee's Digis Scripture Card Set

Hi, everyone! Yesterday I decided to make a set of scripture-themed greeting cards. What better day to post them on than Sunday? I wanted all of the cards to carry the same theme so that they could be a set I could sell in my Etsy shop. I was inspired by one of my own cards - the teapot card from Thursday, so I decided to use the same papers again.

I used two different scripture sets from Deedee's Digis. I printed the verses out onto Choice Buttercream cardstock. I cut them out with rectangle Nestabilities and layered them on the black cardstock that was cut out with Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities. I zig-zag stitched around all of the edges with black thread and added a black organza ribbon to each card. By using the same papers, embellishments and similar designs, it made these cards quick and easy to assemble. I am really happy with the way this little set turned out!

These first two cards were made using the Glorify the Lord set.



These next two cards were made using the Trust in the Lord set.



Each of the digi sets that I used has six verses. The sets are only $3 each. I see some stores selling ONE scripture verse for $3! Deedee is offering an amazing deal! You can see more of Deedee's digis at her store here.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a great day! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Kraft, Prism, Choice Buttercream
Patterned Paper: October Afternoon Thrift Shop
Stamps: Deedee's Digis - Glorify the Lord and Trust in the Lord
Embellishments: black brads (The Paper Studio) ribbon (Offray)
Tools: Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Scallop Rectangle Nestabilties, foam tape, sewing machine, Bow Easy, Fiskars Apron Lace border punch

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Be still my heart, these are just stunning! I would not be able to chose :) I love the black as a backdrop color - very striking! WONDERFULLY done! Happy SONday! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't let a Sunday go by without coming over to say "Hi"!! (must be from being on SSCC together? LOL) LOVE your card set! These will be great as a whole set and I loved your teapot card too... great papers! =) Hope you have a wonderful week!((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are stunning Candace! Love the papers and that stitching is amazing! Love how you popped everthing up! It really creates so much depth and texture! Amazing! Praying for you and Andrew today. Praying for lots of fun at your VBS. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so beautiful! I love the soft look of them and they are similar and can be used in a set. Just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are so beautiful! I love the colors and dp and your bows are perfect! I especially love the one with polka dots!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)