Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Friendship is Always in Season


Hi everyone! Yesterday was such a productive day for me! I made eight cards! Yes, that's right...eight! I don't think I've ever made that many in one day. It was a nasty, rainy day outside, so I sat at my desk all day and played with stamps and paper. This card is one of the cards I made.

This card is for the Happy Monday Challenge at Deedee's Digis. I also used this week's freebie - In Season. It came with this perfect coordinating sentiment. I knew when I saw this image that I had to use it, because I sure do enjoy fresh produce. We've been eating lots of fresh tomatoes at my house lately, especially tomatoes since my brother grows them.

I colored in the image with Copic markers and cut it out with Oval Nestabilities and then layered it on the green cardstock that was cut out with Scallop Oval Nestabilities. I also cut out my sentiment with Oval Nestabilities and popped it up with foam tape. I stitched around the edges and added two yellow brads to each corner. Oh, and I used Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #81 for the layout.

Since I mentioned my brother, here are some photos of him and his tomato plants. Keep in mind that Aaron is 5 feet 10 inches. :)



Thanks for stopping by today! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: American Crafts, Choice Buttercream
Patterned Paper: CosmoCricket Garden Variety
Stamps: In Season by Deedee's Digis
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: yellow brads (The Paper Studio)
Tools: sewing machine, Classic Oval Nestabilities, Scallop Oval Nestabilities

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Cute card, Candace! I love the sentiment and your coloring is great, very pretty card. Those are some tall tomato plants, wow!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)