Friday, July 30, 2010

Happy Bird-Day!

Hi everyone! I know I've been scarce on my blog lately, but I've been busy preparing my classroom for the new school year. Things are finally starting to come together, and I'm excited about the new year!

Since it's Friday, that means it is time for the Fun on Friday Challenge at Christian Paper Crafts. This week's challenge is to use something sweet on your creation. It could be a cupcake, cake, ice cream, candy, etc...basically just anything sweet. As for myself, I'm partial to cupcakes!

I used this adorable image from Deedee's Digis called Happy Bird-Day.  I colored it with Copic markers and accented it with Yellow and Crystal Stickles. All of the papers and the ribbon are from a special Key Ingredients that I recently received as a gift for subscribing to the Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients for 6 months. I apologize, but I do not know the name of the patterned paper line in order to list it in my supplies.

I embossed the background panel with the Swiss Dots embossing folder and used the Fiskars Apron Lace border punch for the trim. I cut out the sentiment with Oval Nestabilities and popped it up with foam tape. This layout is an older sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a great weekend. I know I will enjoy my last weekend of freedom since I officially go back to work on Monday.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Prism, Choice Snow White
Patterned Paper: unknown (Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients)
Stamps: Happy Bird-Day by Deedee's Digis
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: ribbon (Taylored Expressions) Yellow Stickles, Crystal Stickles
Tools: Fiskars Apron Lace border punch, Oval Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder

5 comments:

  1. Your card is so cute! Thanks for the very fun challenges you've been sharing at Christian Paper Crafts, you've been such a delight!! Definitely will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers for the coming school year. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card. Left you some love over at CDAC too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH what a joy to see this beauty! It matches your blog :) I love the bright fun colors - gorgeously done! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving this card!! Your blog rocks!! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look how cute, bright and cheery this birthday card is! I love all the fun colors and the sweetness of the bird blowing out the candle. You always have amazing card and always do such a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)