Monday, July 5, 2010

Hay There!

Hay there, y'all! LOL! I got a chance to stamp tonight, so I made this card using the Udderly Sweet set by Taylored Expressions. This set pairs up perfectly with the Garden Variety paper line by Cosmo Cricket.

I knew when I saw this stamp set that I just *had* to have it. We have all kinds of farm animals around here, and my brother is always growing something, so this set is just perfect to make cards for my family members.

I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored it in with Copic markers. I cut it out with Rectangle Nestabilities and layered it on cardstock cut out with Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities. I added a yellow panel underneath that, and I popped the image panel up with foam tape. I used just one piece of patterned paper and I stitched it to the cardstock. I stamped the sentiment and adhered it right below the image panel. I finished it off with two red brads. Easy! I'm thinking these would make a really cute set. I plan on making some more with the other stamps in the set.

Oh, by the way, I used Sketch Tuesday 60 from Christian Paper Crafts.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: American Crafts, Choice Buttercream
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety
Stamps: Udderly Sweet by Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: red brads (The Paper Studio)
Tools: Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities, sewing machine

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. HA! This is ADORABLE and such a clever sentiment, LOL! I know a bunch of ladies who'd LOVE some cards like this--we have a Saturday market here every week during the summer. LOVE your DP--it's perfect here with this cute image. =)

    Hope you had a HAY day on the 4th!! heehee... We had a great weeekend. Hope you did too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute blog ;)
    I'm now following you (not in the stalker-ish way LOL)

    Dion
    www.DionsGlitterStudio.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a darling card, Candace! Love the sentiment, and that fun veggie paper!!! Hugs, Deedee

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is ADORABLE! Great job coloring! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)