Saturday, July 10, 2010

KLSNS - Dry Embossing Challenge

Hi everyone! It's time for this week's challenge at KL Stampin' N Scrappin. Ceal is our hostess this week, and the challenge is to create a card with dry embossing on it. That's easy for me because I have lots of the Cuttlebug embossing folders, and I love to add embossing to my cards. However, I find myself reaching for the same few embossing folders over and over. Do you do that? My favorite is Swiss Dots, yes, the most simple one, and I love using the Snowflake one on Christmas cards.

Today I used the Spots and Dots embossing folder to emboss my background patterned paper. This adorable image is Scuba Kitty by High Hopes. I stamped him in Memento Tuxedo Black, colored him with Copic markers, and cut him out with Rectangle Nestabilities. I coated the bowl with a coat of Aleene's Paper Glaze to give it a glass-like finish...sorry about the glare in the photo! All of the papers are from the Cosmo Cricket Places You'll Go collection. I assembled my card by following this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. I finished it off with a simple button and a couple of brads.

Be sure to hop over to the KLSNS blog to check out the challenge details as well as the inspiration from the design team: Ceal, Debbie, Jacilynn, JodiKellyand Risa. We would love to have you play along with us this week!

Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Kraft, Choice Snow White
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket The Places You'll Go 
Stamps: Scuba Kitty by High Hopes
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: button, twine (Papertrey Ink)
Tools: Rectangle Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Spots and Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder, Aleene's paper glaze

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Super cute card Candace! I do love the Swiss Dots folder too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!!! The little kitten is just an adorale image. I love how you use the Cuttlebug emboss folder for the background. Great detail....I love the card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)