Saturday, July 3, 2010

KLSNS - Summer Fun!

Hi there! My goodness, it has been a busy week! I've been running here and there all week long, but now that Saturday is here, I plan on staying home. I did get a chance to sit down and create this card for this week's KL Stampin' N Scrappin' challenge. Our hostess this week is Risa, and the challenge is to create a card with a summer fun theme - beach, barbeque, etc.

I had this cute mermaid image - Sweet November Coral Reefweaver & Moki - so I decided to use her on my card. This image brought back memories of how I loved the movie The Little Mermaid as a kid. Whenever I would go swimming, I would pretend I was Ariel. Say it with me...DORK! LOL!

I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored her in with Copic markers. Then, I cut her out. I did the same thing with my little Nemo-look-alike. I embossed my background paper with the D'Vine Swirls Cuttlebug embossing folder, because I wanted it to look kind of like water. I used my Martha Stewart Arch Lattice border punch along the edge. I adhered the mermaid and fish with pop dots, and added lots of stickles. Lastly, I added a ribbon, stamped a simple sentiment, and finished it off with a couple of brads.

Be sure to hop over to the KLSNS blog to check out the challenge details as well as the inspiration from the design team: Ceal, Debbie, Jacilynn, JodiKellyand Risa. We would love to have you play along with us this week!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Choice Buttercream cardstock, Prism cardstockPatterned Paper: Ooh La La by My Mind's Eye

Stamps: Sweet November Coral Reefweaver & Moki, Mega Mixed Messages by Papertrey Ink
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: lime brads (The Paper Studio), ribbon (Taylored Expressions), foam tape, Diamond Stickles, Lime Green Stickles
Tools: Cuttlebug, D'Vine Swirls embossing folder, Martha Stewart Arch Lattice border punch

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Your card is fabulous Candace! Your image is very pretty and I'm crazy about the embossed background!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable! I love this stamp and love that little fishy.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)