Saturday, July 3, 2010

Meljen's Designs - Patriotic Bear

Hi everyone! I am so excited because I was asked to be the July Guest Designer for Meljen's Designs!

I used the new Patriotic Bear digi that was just released yesterday for my card. I think he is such a cutie! I colored him in with Copic markers and cut him out with rectangle Nestabilities. I added some some glitter to the swirls and his hat with my Spica glitter pen (though you can't tell in the photo), added Christmas Red Stickles to the stars on his hat, and added star embellishments to the fireworks.

I stitched around all of the edges, too. I think these papers are my most favorite patriotic papers...ever! I just love the more muted tones of the red, white, and blue, and the patterns are great, too. They are from the We R Memory Keepers Old Glory Collection.

I used Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 74 for the layout.

Before I go, here's a tip. You may already do this, but this is what I do when I print my digis to ensure I get the right size. To save myself from having to print the digi several times because of guessing at the size (yes, I used to do that!), now I keep a ruler by my printer. I almost always use my Nestabilities to cut out the image, so I simply measure the inside of my die and then I size my digi to those measurements or a bit smaller. By the way, I print mine in Microsoft Word. Hope that helps!

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Have a great weekend!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Prism, Choice ButtercreamPatterned Paper: We R Memory Keepers Old Glory CollectionStamps: Patriotic Bear by Meljen's Designs
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: star embellishments (Taylored Expressions 4th of July Project Pantry Kit), Christmas Red Stickles
Tools: Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, sewing machine

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Your patriotic bear card is ADORABLE! I am looking forward to seeing your new creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely Cute!! What a great one to get to share as the Guest Designer! XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)