Saturday, July 17, 2010

Meljen's Designs - Penpal Mouse

Hi everyone! Happy Saturday to you! Here's my card for today's guest designer post at Meljen's Designs. I used one of the new releases - Penpal Mouse.

I decided to turn Penpal Mouse into a Back to School card. I go back to school on August 2, and the students go back to school on August 9. I also start grad school in August, so it really is back to school for me!

I colored him with Copic markers, and now that I look at the photo, I'm thinking, "Why in the WORLD did I color his tail grey and his body brown?" That does not match! LOL! Oh well. I cut him out with square Nestabilities. The papers are from the October Afternoon Report Card collection except for the pencil paper. That is from Cosmo Cricket Boyfriend. The ribbon is by Jillibean Soup, and I popped the image up with foam tape.

I really am getting excited about going back to school. I went to a big educational supply store yesterday and spent wayyy too much money on stuff to decorate my classroom with. I will be sure to post photos when I get everything done. Last year the colors in my classroom were dark blue and red, and so very boring. This year I am going to have lots of bright, fun colors which are more my style.

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great day!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Kraft, American Crafts, Choice Buttercream
Patterned Paper: October Afternoon Report Card, Cosmo Cricket Boyfriend
Stamps: Penpal Mouse by Meljen's Designs
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: ribbon (Jillibean Soup), foam tape
Tools: Classic Square Nestabilities, Scallop Square Nestabilities

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Love it Candace!! You did a great job coloring and I love the papers!! As far as school I wished I could say I was ready for it to start back but I'm not!! I'm homeschooling Kyle and we usually stay at war when it comes to school work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute! I think this is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)