Thursday, July 8, 2010

Meljen's Designs Thursday Challenge

Hi everyone! I am guest designing for Meljen's Designs this month, and when I saw this week's super cute new releases, I knew that I just had to play along in today's challenge. Today's challenge is to make a card using circles.

I used one of the new releases - Fancy Little Teapot - for my card today. I typed a sentiment under it before I printed it out. I cut it out with Circle Nestabilities and colored it in with Copic markers. I followed an older Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge for the layout, and all of these fabulous papers are from the October Afternoon Thrift Shop Collection. I stitched around the edges of all my papers and finished it off with some brads (more circles), and a bow.

Be sure you hop over to the Meljen's Designs blog to see the new releases!

On a personal note, today I am going to register for grad school. Am I crazy? LOL! I am so tired of going to school, but if I take 6 more classes, I will have a masters degree, so I'm kinda crazy not to do it. The school I go to goes by trimesters, so if I take one class per trimester, I can have my degree within a year and a half. Not too bad at all. I'm just lazy because it's an hour commute each way at nighttime, and I'm tired of writing papers. Oh well! Hopefully, it will make me a better teacher. That's the awesome thing about teaching...you're always learning something! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Kraft, Prism (black), Choice Buttercream
Patterned Paper: October Afternoon Thrift Shop
Stamps: Fancy Little Teapot by Meljen's Designs, computer-generated sentiment
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: ribbon (Offray), brads (The Paper Studio)
Tools: sewing machine, Classic Circle Nestabilities

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Hey Candance, I'm so proud of you for your choosing to go and get your Masters! It will be worth the effort!
    Your card is beautiful! Love the layout with the circles. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I love the layout and you used some of my favorite papers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love this Candace! Reminds me of my Nanny's teapot! Love the papers that you used and the vintage feel to this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWIE, that's awesome news Candace... you should DEFINATELY get your masters! 6 credits isn't bad at all and a year and a half will go by fast. =) YES YES, do it! LOL.

    And about your card... it's LOVELY! What a cute li'l teapot. And your papers are perfect and delicate to go along with it. Great job! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)