Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Taylored Expressions Blast from the Past Blog Hop

Hi everyone! I'm excited to be participating in the Taylored Expressions Blast from the Past Blog Hop today! As the name implies, everyone on the hop today will be sharing a card made with stamp sets released anytime through April 2010.

I decided to use Bakery Business for my card, because it's one of my stamp sets that, unfortunately, hasn't gotten a lot of lovin'. It is a super great set, though, and is perfect for birthdays! I also used the sketch that was provided to the blog hoppers.

I stamped the pedestal and birthday cake slice onto Choice Snow White cardstock. I cut it out with Circle Nestabilities and sponged around the edges with Memento Cantaloupe. I added some Yellow Stickles to the candle flame, Cotton Candy Stickles to the pink frosting, and Espresso Adirondack Dimensional Pearls to the chocolate icing. Yum!!

All of the papers are from the BasicGrey Nook and Pantry collection. These were part of the January Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients kit. Yes, I'm still using it! That's the wonderful thing about the Key Ingredients - they last me forever! I embossed the blue cardstock panel with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder and the brown scalloped piece was punched out with the Fiskars Apron Lace border punch.

Your next stop on the hop is Harriet Skelly. However, if you get lost along the way, just refer to this list of blog hop participants.

Thanks so much for stopping by my little spot on the hop today! Have a great day, and most of all, have fun blog hopping!! :)



Supplies:
Cardstock: Prism, Choice Snow White
Patterned Paper: BasicGrey Nook and Pantry
Stamps: Taylored Expressions Bakery Business
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Cantaloupe, Copic Markers
Embellishments: ribbon (Taylored Expressions), Espresso Adirondack Dimensional Pearls, Yellow Stickles, Cotton Candy Stickles
Tools: Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder

26 comments:

  1. That icing is going to drip....into my finger =) Delish!! You've created such a yummy card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that cake!! It's so ooey gooey and perfect! What a fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the papers that you paired up with the Bakery Business set!! And that Expresso liquid pearl is so perfect and DELICIOUS!!! simply lovely!
    hugs,
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty, Candance with that great paper. I love your take on the sketch ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMMY!!! LOVE the papers and the stamps you used!! Totally GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the colors and the paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so yummy! I love that icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is very cute! I love the fun papers you used!!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I love what you did with the icing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgous my dear. Feels so retro! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous!! I can just taste that yummy cake :) I love the bright bold colors too! awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute, that icing looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a yummy card. I thought this was a new stamp!! I have to add it to my wish list. I love your card and how you nailed this fun sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the choice of DP and the icing on the cake slice looks so real! I hungry now *giggles* GREAT WORK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum yum YUM!!!!!!! I love love LOVE the Espresso icing!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That cake does look yummy! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute! The cake looks good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card--the cake looks good enough to eat!!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooooh, I love the beautiful colors you used and that yummy little image is adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Darling card Candace! I swear that looks like real fudge chocolate frosting!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)