Saturday, July 24, 2010

You Brighten My Day!

Hi there! I have a card to share today for my guest designer post at Meljen's Designs. I used Little Lighthouse for my card. Isn't that just the cutest little lighthouse?!

I colored the lighthouse with Copic markers and cut it out with rectangle Nestabilities. I embossed the yellow background panel with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. The black and white starburst paper is by Making Memories, and I used the Fiskars Threading Water border punch for the scallops. I finished it off with a yellow polka dot ribbon. I stamped "You brighten my day" on the inside. This layout was Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #77 by Karen Giron.

It's a rainy day here today, probably thanks to Bonnie, so I think I'll stay in all day and make some more cards.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! :)



Supplies:
Cardstock: Prism, Georgia Pacific white cardstock
Patterned Paper: Making Memories
Stamps: Little Lighthouse by Meljen's Designs
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: ribbon (Taylored Expressions)
Tools: Fiskars Threading Water border punch, Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots embossing folder, Classic Rectangle Nestabilities

4 comments:

  1. That's an impressive piece of scrapbooking.

    I just found your blog while looking for other bloggers who love Christian fiction. Thought I'd say hi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace, your card is so adorable!! Hope you are staying dry and safe!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a pretty impressive card Candace. Love the colours you used and the embossing is wonderful. And the black really does give it a elegant touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and cheery card, Candace! Love the colors and that great layout. The image is so sweet -- I've never seen a lighthouse with a smiley face, but why not -- so darling! Hugs, Deedee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)