Sunday, August 29, 2010

CPC Fun on Friday

Okay, so I know it's not Friday, and that it's Sunday, but I'm just now getting around to posting this card. It's been a crazy-busy week. To finish it off, I went to the New Orleans Saints game Friday night, and then I had a seminar at school all day on Saturday. The game (not school) was so much fun! Over the next few days, I'm going to be doing some blog posts to share all of my latest Saints outings.

Now, about my card. I made this card for the Fun on Friday challenge at Christian Paper Crafts. The challenge was to create a card with no colored images. I  used some colored inks on mine to soften up the brightness of the white cardstock.

I stamped the verse from Our Daily Bread Designs Scripture Collection 2 onto Choice Snow White cardstock with Memento Rich Cocoa. I cut it out with Rectangle Nestabilities and sponged around the edges with Memento Cantaloupe and Memento Tangelo. 

I embossed the pink layer with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder. I finished off the card with three brown brads, a ribbon, and two cardstock butterflies. I added Tiny Twinkles to their bodies.

For my card layout, I followed a Sweet Stop Sketch from a few weeks ago. All of the papers are from the Echo Park Walk in the Park collection. The papers, ribbon, cardstock, and butterflies all came in the August Key Ingredients by Taylored Expressions. Taylor put together such a yummy kit this month - then again, she always does!

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a great day! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Choice Snow White, Bazzill
Patterned Paper: Echo Park Walk in the Park
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs Scripture Collection 2
Ink: Memento - Rich Cocoa, Cantaloupe, Tangelo
Embellishments: ribbon, cardstock butterflies, Tiny Twinkles - all by Taylored Expressions, brads (The Paper Studio)
Tools: Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder, Classic Rectangle Nestabilities

4 comments:

  1. This is such a great verse and I love how you used it on your card! The butterflies are such a great touch and I love the papers you used. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this card just took my breath away with its beauty, the colors, the fun paper, the little touches of ribbon and buttefly - so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a rich and vibrant collection of colors you used on this, Candace! The verse is fantastic (aren't they all -- LOL!) and I really love how the colors make it stand out. Gorgeous card! Hugs, Deedee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beatiful card. So love the design and the papers are simply wonderful. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)