Monday, August 23, 2010

God is My Rock!

Hi there! I'm posting two days in a row! That's a shocker, lately. I've seriously been neglecting card-marking and my blog. Anyway, my mom needed a sympathy card to send to someone, and since I didn't really have any "sympathy" stamps, I decided to use a verse of encouragement.

The verse is from Our Daily Bread Designs Scripture Collection 4, and I stamped it in Memento Rich Cocoa. I cut it out with Classic Oval Nestabilities, and while it was still in the die, I sponged Memento Cantaloupe around the edges.

This layout is a Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge sketch. The papers and ribbon are from a previous Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients.

Since this card was being sent to a man, I decided to go with masculine colors, and these papers from the Crate Paper Brook collection were perfect for that. I embossed the blue panel with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder. I finished the card off by adding three rhinestones to the sentiment panel and a coordinating ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you have a great day! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill, Choice Snow White
Paper: Crate Paper Brook
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs Scripture Collection 4
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Memento Cantaloupe
Embellishments: turquoise rhinestones (Kaiser), ribbon (Taylored Expressions)
Tools: Classic Oval Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)