Sunday, August 22, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mama!

Hi everyone! I apologize that I've been neglecting my blog lately, but that's because I haven't had much creative time lately. However, I did make some time to create my Mama a birthday card! Today is her birthday...Happy Birthday, Mama! I love you!

I used a previous Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients for this card. The cute cupcake gal is also from a TE stamp set - Bakery Business. I colored her in with Copic markers. I decided to "dress" her in a bright outfit to match the papers in the KI Memories Paisley Parade Papers. I stamped the sentiment from Mega Mixed Messages by Papertrey Ink and cut it out with Classic Oval Nestabilities. I stitched around all of the edges, added a green twill ribbon, and three chocolate brads. I also added a little Espresso Adirondack Dimensional Pearls to the left cupcake and Christmas Red Stickles to each of the cherries.

I followed this week's SFYTT and flipped it on its' side for my card. However, I left out the right circle element.

As for school, that is going good...just very busy! I also start two graduate classes this week, so I'll be going to school when I get finished teaching school! I just can't get enough of it, can I? :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a great day!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Prism, Choice Snow White
Patterned Paper: KI Memories Paisley Parade
Stamps: Bakery Business by Taylored Expressions, Mega Mixed Messages by Papertrey Ink
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic markers
Embellishments: brads (Making Memories), ribbon (Taylored Expressions), Christmas Red Stickles, Espresso Adirondack Dimensional Pearls
Tools: Classic Oval Nesatabilities, sewing machine

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. I love the whimiscal feel to the image and so love the colours that you used and that sketch is great. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Candace!!! So cheery and fun, and super yummy too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Sunday Candace!! ANd a very Happy Birthday to your mom *Ü* I'm sure she loved this card--made with lots love from her baby! I am loving my KI kits ... haven't tried the stamps yet ;P But they sure are CUTE! Hope you have a great week. I've been thinkin' of ya! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute! I love the fun colors, the stitching, ribbon and how cute the image is. Great card all the way around!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)