Sunday, August 29, 2010

Meeting Sean Payton

This summer I got to do several fun New Orleans Saints-themed activities: getting Head Coach Sean Payton's autograph, going to the Saints training camp, and going to the Saints vs. Chargers football game. I'm going to be blogging about these activities over the next few days.

Mama and I went to Barnes and Noble in Mandeville, LA to meet Saints Head Coach Sean Payton on July 26. I wanted to make something special to give him, so I made a set of Saints-themed notecards monogrammed with his and his wife's intials. I also made a matching box to put the cards in.

For the cards, I embossed the white background with the Cuttlebug Fleur de Lis folder. I found this perfect fleur de lis patterned paper at Hobby Lobby. I added a black ribbon and some gold trim with the EK Success Arbor border punch. The monograms were stamped with my Just Rite stamper, and I cut them out with Circle Nestabilities. I layered them on a black scalloped circle that was cut out with Scallop Circle Nestabilities. I adhered them directly to the card rather than using foam tape. I wanted the cards to be easy for them to mail.

It was sooo exciting getting to see him, get his book autographed, and talk to him for just a moment!!

Here are a few photos...





Card Supplies:
Cardstock: Prism, Choice Snow White
Patterned Paper: The Paper Studio by Hobby Lobby, gold vellum (Hobby Lobby)
Stamps: Just Rite
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: ribbon (Offray)
Tools: Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities, EK Success Arbor punch, Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug Fleur de Lis embossing folder
Other: card box (Taylored Expressions)

2 comments:

  1. What a thrill that must have been, Candace!! Whoo-hoo!! How fun for you and your mom and what a thoughtful gift to give him. Can't wait to read the next post. I can just imagine you reading your essay "What I Did On My Summer Vacation" to your students!! They will be envious and will think you are the coolest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you mentioning this and how much fun it was, but how exciting to get to see pictures!!! Those monogrammed cards are really love -- what a neat gift, and I bet they were much appreciated. Thanks for sharing this little glimpse of your life! :-) Hugs, Deedee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)