Saturday, August 7, 2010

School or Bust!

Hi everyone! Wow! I have not blogged in a week! That's because I've spent a very busy week at school getting ready for the kids to return on Monday. I am probably a lot more excited about school starting back than they they. I am pretty sure I have everything ready to go for the first day! At least, I hope I do! It was a lot of hard work, but I'm looking forward to a great and successful year.

Since school is starting, I wanted to make a school-themed card using this cute new set called School or Bust by Deedee's Digis. I colored the image in with Copic markers and even added some glossy accents to the window glass. I cut out the image and the sentiment with Nestabilities. The papers are October Afternoon Report Card; I had to keep the school theme! I stitched all around the edges and finished it off with four yellow brads to match the school bus, as well as a yellow bow.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Kraft, Choice Snow White
Patterned Paper: October Afternoon Report Card
Stamps: School or Bust by Deedee's Digis
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: brads (The Paper Studio), ribbon
Tools: Classic Oval Nestabilities, Rectangle Nestabilities, Stampin' Up ticket punch, sewing machine

5 comments:

  1. LOVE your Card!! I hope tomorrow is a wonderful first day of a wonderful year!! We have 2 weeks before we begin but it is coming so fast!! Blessings and Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So love your card Candace! Love the boldness and fun feel to this card. Your paper selection is so wonderful. Best of luck to a great school year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your card is precious and anyone would be blessed to get it.
    Big hugs,
    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card!! You are so talented Candace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a FUN card, Candace!!! Love all the bright, cheery colors and the fun papers you used. But my fav is that bow -- I never can get my bows to look like that -- LOL! I'm praying that you are settling in to your new/old school schedule OK and that things get less hectic for you soon! Hugs, Deedee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)