Tuesday, August 24, 2010

TE Blast from the Past Blog Hop

Hi there! It's time again for the Taylored Expressions Blast from the Past Blog Hop! I have so much fun participating in these blog hops each month. The hardest part for me is figuring out which stamp I want to use! Too many to choose from, I suppose. :)

I used this week's sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, and I was also inspired by the lovely way that Karen Giron used Kraft paper in her sample. I decided to use Kraft as well, and I tried to keep my card simple without a lot of layers. I absolutely *love* how it turned out, so thank you, Karen, for the inspiration!

As for the stamp choice, after staring at my stamps for awhile, I finally settled on Discover Your Wings. This is probably one of my favorite TE sets. I love it so much because I've used it for fall, spring, and summer cards. It is so versatile, and the simple, yet profound sentiments are perfect for many different occasions. I think this one would make a great encouragement or thinking of you card.

I stamped the image in brown pigment ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I cut it out with Classic Circle Nestabilities and sponged around the edges with Memento Cantaloupe. It is matted on the brown layer that was cut out with Scallop Circle Nestabilities. These bright, fun papers (that I just LOVE) are from the Walk in the Park collection by Echo Park. They were included in this month's TE Key Ingredients. I have recently discovered Echo Park papers, and I think they're my new favorite. I have just *got* to get my hands on that Christmas collection! Funny thing...I have more Christmas paper than any other kind, yet I only send Christmas cards once a year. Ha! I digress...

Back to my card...I finished it off by adding two sprays of Orange Tootsie Pop Candy Crystals and a bow. I also stamped the sentiment, "See Beyond," in Memento Rich Cocoa. I also rounded the corners with my We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.

I am so thankful that you stopped by my little spot on the hop today! Have a great day! :)

Your next stop on the hop is Michelle Single.



Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: Echo Park Walk in the Park
Stamps: Discover Your Wings by Taylored Expressions
Ink: brown pigment ink, Memento Rich Cocoa, Memento Cantaloupe, clear embossing powder
Embellishments: Orange Tootsie Pop Candy Crystals (Taylored Expressions), ribbon (Taylored Expressions)
Tools: Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper

22 comments:

  1. This is SPECTACULAR Candace! LOVE the layout and papers, and those crystals are over the top awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace, what a beautiful card!! I think that will have to be my next set!! Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in LOVE! This is beautiful! What gorgeous fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! I love the fall feel of it! Colors are so fun! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty! I love the crystal looking leaf accents you added!!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOO! that crystal tootsie pop thing is COOL!!!!! Great card! Full of Fall feelings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it...great colors and the sketch is very cool. You did a great job on the shading...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a stunner! Love the dsp you used as well.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is beautiful! I love it's simplicity but the bold colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love it! Great use of those crystal sprigs (I love those things!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty! Love how you used the candy crystals.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so lovely. I love all your little details.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a STUNNER!!!!!!! LOVE the candy crystals!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow! What a beautiful card! Love those candy crystals!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a beautiful card, and I too am loving the Echo Park papers!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is GORGEOUS!! And I love those crystals - MUST GET ME SOME! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful design!!!! I love the colors, papers, layout, stamps, and the crystals are the icing on the cupcake!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another perfect bow maker =) You did an amazing job on this card - and much like Karen, rocked this sketch! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous! The crystals are the perfect embellishment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)