Friday, September 24, 2010

Golden Girl Birthday Blog Hop

Hi there! Today my sweet design team sister, Darsie, is celebrating her 50th birthday - her golden birthday! The Deedee's Digis design team is throwing her an awesome birthday party in the form of a blog hop! You should've hopped here from the Deedee's Digi blog. If not, please hop back over there so you don't miss out on any of the fun (or instructions on how to win fun prizes)!

We would love for you to join in the fun today, and there is even a party favor in it for you! Who doesn't love a freebie, right?! Here's what you have to do to party along with us:
  • Visit each participant's blog (in order) to see what they have created for the blog hop.
  • Each designer will also have a letter of the alphabet to share with you. If you put all the letters together, it will spell out the special code with which to claim your party favor! Email me the code to Deedee at amiste@sonic.net and she'll send you the new "Happy Birthday to Ewe" digi! It is very important to visit the participants blogs in the correct order so that you don't miss out on any of those letters!
Also, please stop by Darsie's blog and wish the Golden Girl herself a Happy Birthday!! On Monday, Darsie will choose one random winner from her well-wishers who will receive a GOLDEN grand prize -- a $50 credit to spend at the Deedee's Digis store! Now, that is some prize!

I created a birthday card for Darsie. I used the Wish Big set by Deedee's Digis. I used this same set on a card earlier this week, except I used the layered cake then, and today I used the cupcake. Cupcakes are my favorite thing! I hope Darsie likes them, too! I followed a Sweet Stop Sketch from a few weeks ago. I colored the image with Copic markers and added different shades of Stickles for some sparkle. I cut out the sentiment and scallop layer with Nestabilities. The papers are by Making Memories. I finished it off with a black ribbon and some bling in each corner.


The secret letter from my blog is "G." Your next stop on the hop is Ceal. Head on over there to see her creation as well as to get the next letter in the secret word! Have fun partying and as always, thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Dotted Ballet, Choice Snow White, Prism
Patterned Paper: Making Memories
Stamps: Wish Big by Deedee's Digis
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: rhinestones (Michael's stores), Stickles
Tools: Classic Square Nestabilities, Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities

24 comments:

  1. what a pretty card! you're a great sister! wanna adopt me????

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful in black and pinks! I love the colored sprinkles and candle and the sparkly effect on them. Very pretty girly card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! I love the Pink & Black! And congrats on setting your wedding date. How exciting!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card! The colours are so fun! Great job, as always! Hope all is going well with you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so sweet and pretty and blingy and birthday-y! LOL! Such a Happy card and the black and pink are always a stunning color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun is your card!! I love the black and pink together!! What a great tribute for making it to 5-0!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute card Candace, love the black and pink!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card. I just love that color combo. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pink and black, cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card. Pink and Black is one of my favorite color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh what fabulous colors, Candace, and look at all that wonderful sparkle! A truly marvelous birthday card!!! Hugs, Deedee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty card Candace. I love the color of black and pink together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks so much for your lovely birthday card and blog hop! Love, Darsie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card Candace! Love the colours and this image is the boom! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful card. I love the pink and black together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great b-day card!!! I love pink/black combo...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is gorgeous! I love the pink and black combo.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice car with the Pink and Black Combo

    ReplyDelete
  19. It never ceases to amaze me how gorgeous and colourful your creations are Candace!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)