Saturday, September 18, 2010

Wish Big!

Hi there! I haven't posted to my blog in a very long time...so sorry about that! Things in my life have been crazy-busy lately. I've been teaching, tutoring in the afternoons, and trying to keep up with my weekly homework assignments for the class I am taking.

Also, I am now planning a wedding!! Yes, that's right! My fiance, Andrew, and I finally set a wedding date!! We've been engaged since January of 2009, but we were waiting until he finished college to get married. He will graduate in December, and we have set our wedding date for April 18. I am VERY excited. I know it's not until April, but I've been planning like crazy, and I even bought my dress! Later in the week, I'll do a post all about the plans I've been making, but for now, I actually have a card to share with you.

I used this adorable new set from Deedee's Digis called Wish Big. I don't know about you, but I never have enough birthday cards on hand, so I decided to make this one to add to my stash. I colored the image with Copic markers and added Yellow and Lime Stickles to the candles for a little sparkle. I cut out the "Wish Big" sentiment with Circle Nestabilities. It is layered on the green cardstock that was cut out with Scallop Circle Nestabilities.

All of the papers and the pink candy dots are from an older Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients. I've just about used it up, and I got lots of cards made from it.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Have a great rest of the weekend! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Prism, Choice Buttercream
Patterned Paper: Ooh La La by My Mind's Eye
Stamps: Wish Big by Deedee's Digis
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: Pebbles candy dots, Stickles - Yellow, Lime
Tools: Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities

10 comments:

  1. Congrats Candace!! You are going to make a beautiful bride. May God bless your future!!
    (Your card is so cute!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!! May your future be filled daily with the blessings of our Lord!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! My parents' anniversary is April 18th as well, and good news: they have had a beautiful, extremely blessed marriage going on 25 years now! Must be a great date! :D

    Your card is lovely, I LOVE LOVE LOVE My Mind's Eye papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH! You set a date! That's so awesome! You're going to have a blast planning your wedding and I'm so excited for you! Your card is way adorable! I love those bright cheerful colors! Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card, Candance! It's so bright and cheery - lovely! Congratulations on setting your wedding date - my anniversary is in April and your date is the day before my dh's bday - it's a lovely time of year! I'm so excited for you and wish you blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS, Candace! That is incredible news -- I'm so happy for you and Andrew! My hubby and I got married in April, and it is such a wonderful time of year for a wedding and anniversary. My prayers will be with you as you plan this special day, sweetie! Hugs, Deedee

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. FABULOUS card! Sorry -- I got carried away when I read about you setting the wedding date -- LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the papers you chose for this card and the sparkly candles you have on top of the cake. Beautiful card all the way around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Candace your card is ever so yummy, but I am super excited for you and Andrew. You sound like such a great couple and you look so adorable on your pics that you have shared here. Your life together is great now, but just wait until your married, it gets even better. Yes, there are always off days but the good far out number the bad if you have the right heart and mindset. Most importantly if God is the head of your marriage and home you will be blessed sweetie. Just wanted to say that I am so happy to have worked with you these past few months and I have been blessed and inspired by your creativity, but more for your heart for Christ. May He bless you in all you do! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Candace,
    Your card is just precious very nice, and I am super happy to hear your wedding date April is such a beautiful month for weddings.
    Big Hugs,
    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)