Sunday, October 24, 2010

Christmas Card Challenge

Hi there! Did you think I disappeared? It's been a whole month since I posted, and wow, that month sure went by fast! Life has gotten sooo busy...good, but busy! I've been busy teaching, doing homework for my graduate class, tutoring in the afternoons, working on the home Andrew and I are renovating almost every evening, trying to get fit by going to the gym, and much more!

Needless to say, card-making has taken a slide to the back burner. In fact, this is the first card I've made in a long time, and it felt so good to get creative again! It made me realize how much I miss it, and now I've been online browsing some of my favorite blogs for inspiration.

Now, it's time to talk about my card! I am so excited because I am the guest designer this week for Christmas Card Challenges! If you haven't checked out this blog before, then you need to! It's such an awesome concept...make a Christmas card every week so that you have all of your cards made by the time Christmas gets here! I don't get to play along as often as I'd like, especially here lately, but I hope I get some time for it soon!

My card features Christmas Tree Ruby by Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps. Isn't she a cutie?! I stamped her in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored her with Copic markers. I added Stickles to the Christmas tree ornaments and star. I also added some Liquid Applique to the trim on the tree as well as the trim on the Christmas stocking. I even added pearls around her neck!

The sketch I followed is an older one by Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenges. All of the papers, ribbon, and Christmas tree stick pink came from the Tinsel and Twig Project Pantry Kit by Taylored Expressions. I just love the classic red and green colors of this paper by The Girls Paperie. I punched the green trim with the Fiskars Apron Lace border punch...one of my favorite punches. I stitched around the edge of the patterned paper. To finish it off, I added a bow, a stick pin, some pearls, and some flowers.

That's all for me today! Hopefully, it won't be another month before I have a card to share with you again. Be sure to hope over to the Christmas Card Challenges blog to see all of the beautiful inspiration from the design team!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Choice Snow White, Choice Buttercream, Bazzill
Patterned Paper: Tinsel and Twig by The Girls Paperie
Stamps: Christmas Tree Ruby by Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: stick pin, champagne pearls, Stickles, white brads (The Paper Studio), flowers (Prima), ribbon, Liquid Applique, Spica clear glitter pen
Tools: Classic Square Nestabilities, Fiskars Apron Lace border punch, sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. Hi Candace,

    Thanks so much for being out guest this week. Your card is beautiful, and we're glad to have you!

    Hugs!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)