Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Babies are Gifts of Love

Hi there!! I want to start by wishing a Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, my sweet blog readers and your families! I pray you have a wonderful day tomorrow eating yummy food, spending time with family, and most of all, being grateful for our blessings.

Oddly, it's time for Thanksgiving, but I have a baby card to share today. LOL! I made this card with this week's Sweet Stop Sketch. I also used an image from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps for my card - Baby Buggy. These adorable papers are from the October Afternoon Ducks in a Row collection. I printed my image out twice - once onto Choice Buttercream cardstock and again on the patterned paper so that I could paper-piece the buggy. I colored the other buggy parts in with Copic markers and cut it out with Rectangle Nestabilities. I added some pink Twinkles to each corner.

I stitched around all of my paper edges, and for the embellishment option I used a crocheted flower. The sweet and fabulous Jodi Collins sent me some of these beautiful flowers that her mother makes. I just love using them on my card. Thank you, Jodi! I added a flower-shaped button on top of the flower and tied it with some embroidery floss.

This week's Sweet Stop Sketch had a spin to it - to decorate the inside of the card. This baby card is for someone who is having twin girls, and I did not have any stamps for twins! So, I went online and found this precious poem. I just typed it up and printed it out for the inside of my card. I added a strip of coordinating patterned paper to the top and the bottom.


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Again, Happy Thanksgiving!! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Kraft, Choice Snow White
Patterned Paper: October Afternoon Ducks in a Row
Stamps: Baby Buggy by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: crocheted flower, button, thread, Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions), cream ribbon
Tools: sewing machine

3 comments:

  1. Such an adorable card - love the buggy! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek!! Cute, cute, cute!!!
    It almost makes me want to have babies...almost.
    =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)