Sunday, November 28, 2010

Christmas Ornaments 2010

Hi there! I love to collect Christmas ornaments. I've always loved them. I think I got that passion from my Mama. My grandmother has bought me a new ornament every Christmas since I was a child, and my Mama did the same thing. As I got older, I started buying them for myself. Now, everytime I see one (or five) that I like, I buy them and add them to my collection. I keep all of my ornaments in a box, and they've never been put on a tree. I'm saving them for when I get married and have my own tree, which will actually be next Christmas! So, I'm very excited about putting all of my ornaments on a tree for the first time next year. I want to share with you a few of the ones I purchased so far this year. You'll notice that they're all different. I don't have a specific theme. I just buy ones that I like, and some may be fun and whimsical, while others are more religious. I have some churches and nativity scenes in my collection, but then I have things like the cupcake below. No ornament discrimination here! :)

First of all, I love cupcakes! I love to bake them, eat them, collect them...everything! I think they're just too cute. So, when I saw this adorable Christmas cupcake, I had to have it!


This Christmasy owl was too precious to pass up!


I love to bake! My goal is to someday have a little tree in the kitchen with nothing but kitchen-themed ornaments on it. Look at this cutie! I think this is the first gingerbread person in my collection.


I love this vintage-looking Santa. Look at the detail on his coat! The lantern is actually dangling from his hand...another one of my faves!


When I was shopping for these, Andrew kept asking me, "Don't you have enough ornaments?" I thought it would help if I told him he could pick out an ornament. So, this is what he picked out. Yes, it is a pickle. I quickly protested and told him we were not hanging a pickle on the tree! I gave in, though, mainly because it was only 2 dollars. However, I told him I was going to hide it so that no one could see it. LOL! So, when I was telling my grandmother about how he just *had* to have this pickle, she informed me that there's actually a German tradition that you hide a pickle ornament in the Christmas tree, and whoever finds it is blessed with good fortune for a year. I said that I was already planning on hiding it! :)


Lastly, I purchased this gorgeous fleur de lis at a local gift shop...adding a little Saints flavor to our tree!


Oh, and yes I said these ornaments had never been on a tree, but I hung them there just for picture-taking purposes, and then back into the box they went!

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed a peek into my ornament collection!

3 comments:

  1. Candace you have great taste in ornaments - I had to laugh at the pickle though!! I can't wait to see your Christmas tree all decked out in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *GASP* SHe IS alive, she IS Alive!!! HEeheee... just kidding! Long time no see Candace! So good to hear from you again =) LOOOVE your pretty pink and brown blog! Tooo fun!

    Love your gorgeous ornaments. We buy the girls each one every year that depicts something about that year for them. Maddy of course is getting a sock monkey... and Carly's getting a pink frosted/sprikled Doughnut! LOL. They will have a whole box of memories to take with them when they start their own families.

    Things are good here. How's teaching and taking classes going? And can't wait to see what wedding dress you picked out! =) I saw all those not-quite-right ones... even they were beautiful. I couldn't afford one so my mom made mine. It still ended up being $200. But it was pretty.

    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!! Thanks for your visit today! =) HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog just today and I love it! That pickle ornament made me smile :) I don't suppose you remember a long, hilarious thread at sb.com from earlier this year about stickled pickles? You should post this on general board and I promise you'll get a lot of laughs! Love your cards and I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)