Monday, November 1, 2010

Miracle in Progress

Hi everyone! Yes, I have a card to share today...shocking that I actually made another card, huh? I know! There's a sweet story behind this card, so I put extra love into this one!

My precious friend and co-worker and her husband have been wanting a baby for many years, and after a long struggle, they are finally expecting a little miracle from Heaven!

I ordered this stamp set, Baby Bump by My Favorite Things, just to make her cards with. I used a Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients kit for my card supplies. The layout is Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge 97...loved this sketch! It's so versatile because I made it work for a square card.

I started by stamping the image in Memento Tuxedo Black. I colored it with Copic markers and paper-pieced her blouse and shopping bags. I stitched around all of the edges of my patterned paper and added double ribbons. I stamped the sentiment directly onto the patterned paper and finished this card off with some pearls in each corner.

The couple finds out the sex of the baby next week, and I can't wait to find out so that I can start shopping for them!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Prism, Choice Snow White
Patterned Paper: KI Memories Paisley Parade
Stamps: Baby Bump - Who's That Girl by My Favorite Things
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: pearls (Recollections by Michael's stores), ribbon (Taylored Expressions)
Tools: sewing machine

2 comments:

  1. Candace it is beautiful I am sure your friend will love it! What a wonderful gift from God a bbay really is! I hope she has a healthy and wonderful pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very cute Candace! I miss you!!! And CONGRATS on the wedding!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)