Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanks for Dinner

Hi there! I don't know about y'all, but I've been looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner all week long...yum-o! My Mema outdoes her self every year, and I when I got in this cute new stamp set, What's Cookin' by Taylored Expressions, I thought to myself that the least I could do was make a card for Mema to say thank you for cooking us such an awesome Thanksgiving dinner.

I've been in a Krafty (as in Bazzill Kraft paper) mood lately, so I decided to use that for my card base. These fun papers are from the October Afternoon Modern Homemaker collection. I love anything October Afternoon, and these were from this month's Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients. For my card, I followed this week's Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge.

A little side story - I've always loved to bake. I struggle with cooking, but baking I can do! I always use my Mama's KitchenAid mixer, and I've always wanted a red one of my own. As Andrew and I are renovating our home for when we get married, I've been buying things here and there that we will need. The other day QVC had an awesome special on the KitchenAid mixers....so, I caved and got one. When I asked my Mama what color I should get, she replied, "red" because she knew I'd always wanted a red one. Guess what color I got...black. Yup. Of course, now I say, "I wish I had bought the red mixer." I don't know why I got the black one! :( I got free shipping on the mixer, and it would cost too much to send that heavy thing back, so I guess I'm stuck with black. Oh well. I digress...

I stamped the mixer from What's Cookin'? in Memento Tuexedo Black onto Choice Buttercream cardstock. I colored it and cut it out with Oval Nestabilities. I rounded all of my paper corners with the We R Memory Keepers corner chomper. I finished the card off with two white brads, a ribbon, and a Karen Foster measuring spoon charm. I just love those little charms!

I also decorated the inside of my card, since I couldn't find room for a sentiment on the front. I stamped the sentiment, as well as a few images, and lined it with a strip of patterned paper.


That's it for me today. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family tomorrow! I know that I have so many things to be thankful for, and I'm just so grateful to God for my blessings! Have a great day!! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill, Choice Buttercream
Patterned Paper: October Afternoon Modern Homemaker
Stamps: Taylored Expressions What's Cookin'?
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: brads (The Paper Studio), ribbon (Taylored Expressions), spoon charm (Karen Foster Designs)
Tools: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper

1 comment:

  1. love this card!! The little measuring spoon charm is super cute!

    I have an award for you on my blog =] http://alltarynne.blogspot.com/2010/11/for-me.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)